Ch. 18 (PG-13, D): Matthew Relives the Accident

"Lost & Found" (Revised), Ch.  18 (PG-13, D): Matthew Relives the Accident,   December 03, 2014 Gratiana Lovelace

 (An original fiction copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace;  all rights reserved)
[(1)top right, story logo] 

[I will illustrate my story using my dream cast of --Richard Armitage for Matthew Drake, Kate Beckinsale for Jocelyn Burrows, Brenda Blethyn for Aunt Madge, Michael Crawford for Michael Ferguson, Gina McKee for Marcia Glass, James Frain for Vicar Nelson Marshall, Shirley MacLaine for Lucretia Baldridge, and others.] 

Author's Mature Content Note:  "Lost & Found" is love story with mature themes (D for drama and S for sensuality) of love and relationships.  Most chapters will be PG or PG-13. However, if you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings I provide, then please do not read that chapter.  This is my disclaimer.

Recap from the previous installment:   Matthew helps Jocelyn move her clothing and computer  from her university apartment on Saturday, December 20th. And when they meet Madge and Michael at this pub for lunch, Michael proposes to Madge and she accepts.  So double wedding planning begins to kick into high gear over lunch.  Then Jocelyn finds her perfect dress with Madge's help during an afternoon shopping trek. But when the ladies return to the pub, they find their men celebrating  their upcoming nuptials amusingly   tipsily. After somewhat  sobering  up Matthew and Michael, each couple returns to their home to rest. They will make arrangements with the vicar after Sunday Services. But tonight, Saturday night, Matthew and Jocelyn will have a heart to heart talk that will deepen their understanding of and their love for each other.

"Lost & Found" (Revised), Ch.  18 (PG-13, D):  Matthew Relives the Accident

[A word of caution, this chapter contains distressing information about the accident.]

It's about 4:00pm now on Saturday, December 20th and Matthew is now sobered up at Michael's pub--as is his Aunt Madge's fiancé Michael--but quite sleepy.  So, Matthew and Jocelyn take a taxi to the wedding gown shop to pick up her dress and veil and then head home to their flat.  After hanging up her gown and veil outside of the garment bag to prevent wrinkles--but in an alcove where Matthew can't see it--Jocelyn admires her beautiful wedding dress once more.  But she keeps the front of the gown turned away from the open flat area so that Matthew won't be able to catch a glimpse of it until their wedding day.  Then, Jocelyn and Matthew gratefully each take a shower and change into their nightclothes and slide into bed for a much deserved afternoon nap.  Pregnant ladies need lots of naps.  And soon to be Daddys who drink a pint more than they are used to also need a nap. 

They are so tired, that they do not awaken until almost 7:00pm in the evening.  But, when they do awaken, their already cuddling bodies kiss and caress each other so sweetly as they make love, that they feel so blessed to have each other and their baby on the way.  Then around 8:00pm, Matthew and Jocelyn rise and put on their nightclothes again and they fix a quick light dinner meal of eggs and toast and jelly.  Their lunch meal at the pub had been a big one, so they are not as hungry tonight.  After eating their meals, they sit cuddling on the couch watching the flickering flames of the gas fireplace as the only light in the room.

Jocelyn:  "I'm so happy Matthew.  For us to find each other again and plan to be married—and to have our baby--it's a dream come true."   She kisses him sweetly.

Matthew:   "I know what you mean Jocelyn.  It is for me, too.   I didn't think I could be this happy ever again."  He smiles lovingly at Jocelyn.  Then Matthew drops his eyes in sadness and is very quiet for several moments as he considers whether to broach the subject of his other family with Jocelyn.  For her part, Jocelyn waits patiently, sensing that Matthew needs to share something with her.  Finally, Matthew continues in a slow, deep, halting voice.   "Jocelyn, I know that I've never discussed my other family at length with you—it's been too painful for me.  But I would like to share a little bit about them with you, if you would let me."  Matthew gazes at Jocelyn hopefully.