Chapter 20, Tenderness

That afternoon, the writers' meeting took place with Betty, me, and one of the freelance writers I had met before. It was a constructive meeting. Cindy and Darren would argue a lot; the next episode they would break up. I could concentrate well; only my stomach protested because I hadn't eaten anything at lunch. After the meeting, I ate a candy bar, and I started writing; who knew how distracted I would be this week, so I'd better work as much as I could when I was able to concentrate.

Fingers tapped on my door. Sandra! I ran to the door. She stood in front of me with a tray with 2 plates of spaghetti. She laughed. Oh, it was so good to see and hear her laugh again!

"Were you waiting behind the door? You opened it immediately."

I blushed. "Eh, no, I ran to it."

Sandra laughed again and sat down on the couch. I went to sit close to her, so that she could place the tray on both our laps... but mainly because I wanted to feel her delicious body beside me. Sandra stroked my hair to my back and tickled my red ear. "I haven't done this in a while. I'm gonna do it more often again", she laughed.

I kissed her cheek. "Don't forget it, honey."

"I won't..." Sandra kissed me back.

I took my fork and knife and cut my spaghetti.

"You shouldn't cut spaghetti!" Sandra remarked.

"Why, does it taste different? It's much easier to eat like this."

"Hm... silly girl... I'm gonna eat it the traditional way."

She winded the spaghetti and sauce around her fork, took a bite and looked at me.

"You see it's more difficult? You have sauce at the corner of your mouth", I said.

She carefully chewed and swallowed. "Do I? I don't know where. Maybe you can wipe it off, mm?"

The shimmering in Sandra's eyes told me she knew very well where the sauce was, and that she had probably done this on purpose. Wow, she wanted to play already!

I smiled and I caressed her cheek with my finger, going slowly down to the corner of her mouth, and I wiped the sauce off. Then I licked the sauce off my finger. Sandra kissed my cheek.

I took 3 more bites and she took one, and after she had swallowed it, she looked at me expectantly, her eyes still shimmering.

"You've sauce at the corner of your mouth again..."

"Do I?" Sandra asked innocently.

I held the tray with our plates steady, and licked the sauce from the corner of her mouth. Sandra made a soft sound, telling me she liked my bold action, and smiled shyly. I took a few more bites and looked at her. Her eyes were shimmering even more now, and again, there was sauce at the corner of her mouth.

I made sure the tray kept stable, and bowed to her to lick the sauce off again, but this time, she quickly stuck out her tongue to that corner of her mouth, so that I licked her tongue instead.

"Mmmm... naughty girl..." I whispered, and I put the tray on the ground. "Come here, let me kiss you... tenderly and lovingly..."

Sandra's face became all tenderness. I took her in my arms and kissed her lips the way I had planned to do that Saturday, laying all my love in every kiss. She kissed me back. It was delicious, heavenly! Her soft, sweet lips moving against mine, a taste of the spaghetti sauce on them, a taste of her lipstick, but most of all, a taste of the woman I loved so dearly. I didn't want to stop, but we should eat, she hadn't eaten almost anything at lunch. I gave her a kiss on her cheek and placed the tray back on our laps.