Chapter 4, Watching

Wednesday. I came in early, and luckily, my concentration was great. I thought, wrote and corrected, forgot to drink my coffee, and it was time for lunch before I knew it. Part of me wanted to keep writing, but of course, my desire to meet Sandra again won. Thelma and she were sitting at the same table as yesterday, wearing their doctor uniforms. 

I bought my lunch, and shyness fell over me again to approach Sandra. Besides, I saw the freelance writer sit alone. Wouldn't it be more social to eat with him? But I kind of promised Sandra to eat with them; would she feel offended? I decided to follow my heart and went to Thelma's and Sandra's table.

"Hey", I said, and I felt my cheeks become hot, verdorie*.

"Hi", Thelma said.

"Hi, Jos!" Sandra smiled and warmed my heart. Oh, she was incredible sweet... "Sit down." I sat down on the small bench beside her, mmm, so cozy.

"You're a little shy, aren't ya? You blush quickly", Sandra observed.

"I've worked very hard this morning, that makes my cheeks flush." That was only half a lie, it happened always when I was very concentrated, but that wasn't the reason I was blushing now... I sat down, and pushed my long hair behind, like I was used to.

"Hmmm... and your ears", Sandra laughed, and she tickled my ear a little, not helping at all to make it less hot... I felt the unwelcome arousal creep up again, but I was happy she was in a much better mood than I had seen her before. Today I had prepared myself for the fact that my body reacted so strongly on Sandra, and I wore my blouse in a way that gave my breasts enough space to hide my hardened nipples - I hoped so anyway. I also laughed. "Eh, yeah."

"We've worked hard too, it was a good morning", Sandra told me.

"Oh, that's nice! What scene are you shooting this afternoon? I'd like to watch for a while, to see how things are going here."

"That's a nice idea", Thelma thought, and Sandra said, "Oh, I'd like that!"

"We're shooting scene 12", Thelma informed me.

I went over the scenes in my head. Ah, that was a nice scene with Sandra and Thelma playing alone most of the time. Perfect! "I'd love to watch!"

"You're more than welcome", Sandra said, sweet as ever.

"Most writers don't come to watch", Thelma remarked.

"But I'm a permanent writer. And I think it will give me more insights in my work", I pointed out. Of course, I didn't tell them my main reason: I wanted to watch Sandra...

"We still don't know much about you", Sandra began, "What family do you have?"

"Oh, I still have my parents, two sisters and a nephew and a niece."

"You said you didn't wanna leave them; are you close?"

"Yeah, pretty close."

"You don't have kids of your own?" Thelma asked.

"No. I've never been married. Anyway, kids would have made it impossible to emigrate and work fulltime."

"Depends on their age, of course. If you'd gotten them at an early age..." Thelma said.

"Hm, yeah, you're right. But I don't think I could leave my kids if I had some. Not even if they were living on their own."

"How old are you?" Sandra asked. She laughed. "I know that's a question one shouldn't ask a woman..."

I also laughed. "It's okay, I don't mind. I'm 40."

"I'm 39. Thelma is 36."

"So, you're both still on the good side of 40", I joked.