C H A P T E R T W E N T Y O N E

M A N I K

I was home today. As I wanted to spend time with her. She looked kinda down after the appointment. So I thought of watching movies with her to cheer her up. I wanted to know what had caused her to be sad but then again I didn't want to pressure her. We were enjoying the movie when i heard her squeal. I looked at her in worry. But the thing she told me next had me jump up in joy.

" The baby moved." She said with excitement clear in her voice. I was so happy. I had a big goofy smile on my face. My baby showed some movement for the first time. I immediately rushed to her side and placed my hand on her belly. A minute or so later I felt him kick. That's one of the best experience of my life.

"We should start searching for names and start shopping as well." I wanted to keep everything ready for when he came. There shouldn't be any problem. I wanted to give my baby all the happiness in the world. She nodded her head. And we continued watching the movie. That's when I got a call from a private number.

I went into the garden to pick the call up. I was confused as I had saved all my colleagues' number into my phone.

"Hello." I spoke.

"Hey son. How are you doing?" That voice and menacing laugh is what I hated the most in the world.

"Why the fuck are ya calling me. What the fuck do you want. I don't have time here to waste on you." I said with anger leaking through my voice. I never hated someone as much I hated this man.

"Oh yeah I know you have a girlfriend to look after and a baby too. Oh didn't you notice your girlfriend behaving a bit off since the last month I bet she hasn't talked to you." He again laughed. "Wanna know the reason? Come and meet at the old mansion. Now. See you soon son bye." With that he cut the call.

I never wanted to visit that place again. I hated that place. But then again I knew he did something which had caused Nandini to be in such distress. I clearly remember her behaving off a month back but she was back to normal. But it is not necessary for the sperm donor to know that.

I went inside the house to see Nandini curled up into the sofa and the movie was changed. So I went upstairs to change my clothes into something formal. I decided to wear white shirt with grey pants and grey suit.

I went into living area and approached Nandini.

"Hey babygirl I am gonna go out for some business, you'll be alright?" I asked with a soft voice even I was so angry right now. She just nodded her head and continued watching the movie. I placed a soft peck on her lips and went towards the door put on a black overcoat. I moved toward the garage, sat in my black Mercedes and drove away.

I reached the place. The house i despise with everything inside me. I knew he had committed some crime so this was my only chance to get him thrown behind the bars and make him suffer like he made till now.

So I took out my phone and started the audio recorder. I went inside the house and saw him seated on the couch. I went near him.

"Speak." Was the only word I said. I saw the evil flint in his. How could a man be so evil I!

"Well is my boy restless to know why his girlfriend is ignoring him. Aw poor thing missing the affection of your girlfriend." He cooed mockingly. "Well a month back i called your girlfriend and asked her to meet me. I told her I wanted to tell her the truth behind her parents. She was hesitant at first but then she agreed to meet. When she arrived i told her who I was and the look on her face was worth watching." He laughed.