C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N

N A N D I N I

Manik asked me to be his friend and that shocked me. I couldn't understand how and why there was a drastic change in that guy. Then I remembered bhai must have told him to do so. I never wanted him to be my friend because someone was forcing him but because he wanted himself. And that's the reason why I asked him not to ask me because bhai told him to do. But his answer was enough to tell me that he himself wanted to be my friend and was not under anyone's pressure. Yesterday was one of the best times of my life. We talked and got to know a lot about each other. Well and for the first time that guy cuddled into me.

So today I had an appointment with Navy and Manik was also gonna come along. Damn I was so excited it would be the first that we would see our baby together. I was in a good mood today I was very happy because of the turn of events in my. I finally befriended the love of my life. He agreed to come to the check up and so on. But I knew that this happiness wouldn't be for long because either of us would not be in this world by the end of this nine months. I didn't want to ruin my mood so decided not to think about it and give myself more stress. Whatever would happen will happen for good and I know.it better.

I was cooking tonight's dinner as I had nothing to do and I was bored. I still had like 4 hours before he came. To be honest I was bored to death. But this excitement as well as nervousness wasn't even letting me focus on anything. I was reader a great one and Manik had a huge library with a huge collection. But yet I couldn't pick a book. Usually most of my time would in reading books and stuff but today I had no interest in reading.So sat on the sofa switching on the TV.

Next thing I know I woke up on feeling someone's lips on my forehead. I opened my eyes to see Manik standing really close to me. When he saw that I had opened my eyes he straightened up.

"Well let's leave its 6 already." He said a gentle and warm voice. There was tinge of red on his ear.

" How did I sleep so much I don't even remember when I slept." I said while chuckling.

" I have no clue I just came to see that you were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you up but since we were running out of time I had no other option." He said feeling sorry.

" Hey it's anyways I'll go change and then leave." I left the loving room and got changed into tee and denim so that it becomes easier for the ultrasound. I reached Manik and then we both left the house. Manik opened the car door for me and I slid in. So today Uncle John wouldn't be driving the car.

"It was getting late so allowed him to go home. That man has been so loyal and good to me that I can't help and be nice in return nowadays." He said while sitting on the driver's seat. I was happy that he had started to see the good side of people I knew it takes a lot of time to get Manik Malhotra's good side towards and uncle might have been really generous.

We reached the hospital in less than 20 minutes. Manik was carefully driving especially he would slow down the car at every speed breaker. Damn he was so concerned about his baby.

We sat down on the chair present in the sitting area waiting for my name to be called. It was so boring. I had to wait for around an hour. So I took a near by magazine and started reading it. After 15 minutes or so I looked up to find Manik looking at my stomach with adoration and I knew what he was thinking. His eyes were so gentle and warm and then he looked up into my eyes. He gave me that bright smile that did wonders inside me. He was so handsome and charming that any girl could've been ready to give him the baby. But I never knew why he chose me.

After another 15 minutes I heard my name being called. It was really rare that a person as busy as Manik would waste half hour doing nothing just to have a glance of someone. I knew he loved our baby more than anything and that he would make the best father in the world.