C H A P T E R T W E N T Y N I N E

Hello beautiful people. How have yall been doing? This a very emotional chapter but I guess I failed to bring them out:'). Hope you enjoy reading:)
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

M A N I K

It had been a few weeks since the date. Nandini was now 30 weeks pregnant. We were currently in the movie room watching the last season of Lucifer. And I had a sobbing girlfriend beside me. Don't get me wrong the season is emotional. But crying over a series is a not the concept that I understand.

We were engrossed when my phone started ringing. I checked the called to notice one of head of departments was calling me.

"I'll be back in a few minutes." I said giving her kiss on her forehead. I detangled myself and made sure she was comfortable in her body pillow.

She was having a lot of pelvic pain these days. The weight was too much for her small body. I swear I sometimes regretted ever wanting this. The pain and despair she was going through is something I'll never understand. The strength female had was beyond me. Going through periods every month and then pregnancy. With some of them having life threatening complications.

I went towards the window so that I had a quiet atmosphere.

"Yes Sienna!"

"Sir, Mr Muller wants you to have a meeting with them in Paris. He won't be able to make it here so he expects you to meet him in Paris." She said from the other side.

"Sienna I have already mentioned that I won't be able to have any kind of meetings out of Boston. I have a pregnant girlfriend. She's almost due in some weeks. I did mention this to Mr Muller. I don't understand why he's demanding this of me." I said in a stern voice. There was no way in hell I was going to go out of States when Nandini was so close to her term and her having the complications she had. No way in universe.

"Yes sir but, he demands a meeting there or he says the deal is off. This is a huge offer sir. We won't get any like this. I am sure Ma'am will be all fine. It's just matter of two days." She tried convincing me but all I did was turn a deaf ear. No deal was bigger than Nandini and the baby.

"I won't be going. I don't care if the deal is off. Not like I am going bankrupt. I am needed here and I won't be leaving." I said with a firm voice and hung up.

I had stayed away long enough for things to get out of hands but not anymore. Whatever happens I can't lose Nandini. She's my anchor. I don't care if I lose thousand more deals but what I know is I can't lose the only person that grounds me and gives me a reason to live.

I returned to the couch to see that she had switched the TV off and was deep in her thoughts. I slid beside her and pulled her close to me. I knew this gave her some kind of comfort.

"What are you thinking, sweetheart?" I asked playing with her hair.

"Hm. I just was wondering about Trixie you know. The poor girl lost her dad forever and doesn't know anything about her sibling." She said. She was talking about Lucifer.

"It happens you know sometimes not knowing things is best for us." I answered knowing full well I was speaking by experience.

"When did you become so wise, koala." She smiled up at me. I don't know where she came up with the new nickname. I rolled my eyes even though I was happy. This was what I had always wanted. Someone to nag with. Someone to hold. Someone who hugged me at my low. Someone who trusted me.