Chapter 1: The Beginning

|Nayeon and Jin|

Nayeon fixes her hair as she's currently doing a variety show with the one and only Mr. Worldwide Handsome. Jin knocks on her hotel room door and she's quick to answer it. She opens her door to see Jin in his casual wear with minimal makeup on. She smiles, "Hey... isn't the shoot in like an hour?" He smiles and says, "Yeah, but I got bored in my hotel room. Mind if I relax in here?"

Nayeon says shyly, "I-I don't have any makeup on..." Jin glances at her face and says, "Really? It doesn't seem like it." She asks, "Really?" He smiles brightly and says, "No. Do you even have eyebrows?" Nayeon huffs and says, "Well, you can wait outside then." She shuts the door close but it doesn't fully close as Jin catches it.

Nayeon says, "Let go!" Jin smirks and says, "Okay." He walks in the room then shuts the door behind him. Nayeon sighs and says, "Don't touch anything." Jin plops himself in the couch and says, "Okay, ma'am!"

They're veterans of the idol game. Twice and BTS are way passed their 7 year contract and they're still as active as if they were rookies. Maybe it's the passion for their work but they don't see an end to their idol life.

Being an active artist for so long means you make many friends, Jin was one of those friends. Nayeon started talking to him about a year ago and they've kept that friendship and senior-junior relationship.

Jin turns on the cable tv but gets suddenly confused as no channel is working. He yells, "YAH! NAYEON! DO YOU NOT HAVE CABLE IN HERE?" Nayeon yells back, "I DO! I WAS JUST WATCHING THE NEWS! MAYBE YOU BROKE IT!" Jin scoffs and continues to surf each channel. But it stays the same all throughout, no signal.

He finally gives up and pulls out his phone. His eyebrows rise as he whispers, "No signal? What's going on?" As if on cue, the hotel's power goes out. Nayeon shrieks and Jin chuckles. After a few seconds of laughing to himself, Jin then asks, "Doesn't the hotel have a generator? It should be back by now."

Nayeon goes to the living room with her make up done and hair fixed. They're both wearing casual clothes as Jin asks, "Is your phone working?" Nayeon looks at him confused and pulls out her phone. She says nervously, "N-no. What's going on? Shouldn't the power be back by now?"

Jin shrugs his shoulders and goes to the front door. He opens it to look in the hallway but it's empty. He says, "We should check on the sta-"

"AHHHHHHHHHH!"

Jin gets interrupted by a sudden scream. He turns his head to the right and his eyes widen.

There's a woman on the ground and a man on top of her. Jin says, "Nayeon, wait for me here." He then walks towards the man while yelling, "YAH! GET OFF OF HER!" The man doesn't budge and continues to eat the woman.

Jin suddenly stops halfway. He stutters, "E-eat the woman?" The man turns his head around and Jin jumps back in fear. His skin is pale. Bloody mouth. Eyes fully white. Growling like a beast. The man stands with blood dripping down his chin.

Jin curses and quickly runs back to Nayeon's hotel room. The man chases him but he's too slow as Jin sprints his fastest.

Nayeon looks at him weirdly as Jin locks the door while putting a chair to barricade them in. She asks, "What happend?" He slowly turns his head and says in disbelief, "Zombies." Nayeon chuckles and says, "Stop joking around. What's going on?"

Jin doesn't answer her and walks to her balcony. She follows behind him and as he opens the curtains and the door, he steps out. He's suddenly frozen and Nayeon joins him out of curiosity. They glance outside and are suddenly speechless.

Total anarchy. Cars on fire. Windows shattered. Roads empty of cars. Thousands of lifeless beasts running rampantly. Tears form in Nayeon's eyes as her legs grow weak and she falls. Jin stays frozen in fear. Zombies aren't real. They only show up in movies. And he's pretty sure this isn't a movie.

He then glances down at Nayeon who's now sobbing with her hand over her mouth. She says, "I have to go." Jin holds her by the shoulders and says, "W-what? I'm not letting you leave, look out there! You'll die." Nayeon says, "But my members. My friends. My family. I have to save them. I have to go."

Jin holds her still trying to keep her from shaking in fear. He says, "Nayeon, we don't know what's happening. How are you going to save them?" She stutters, "I-I don't know, but I have to try." Jin raises his voice, "STOP! We can't do anything right now but survive. We won't be helping them by dying. I need you to calm down, okay?"

Nayeon meets his eyes and says, "O-okay..." Jin smiles at her and says, "I promise, we'll make it out alive. I promise we'll meet with everyone at the end. Just give it time, okay?" Nayeon nods hesitantly.

They gave it time. A lot of time.

2 months later...

Jin knocks on the door and Nayeon opens it after a few seconds. He's holding two jugs of water and a pack of canned foods. They've been staying in Nayeon's hotel room for 2 months. They've searched the hotel for survivors and food. There were no survivors but there was food. Luckily, water was still running so Jin could go to the restaurants for some clean water.

Unfortunately, they have made no progress in looking for their members. It looks like the internet is down and there is no way to contact each other with their devices. The power hasn't returned but Jin was able to turn on the generator and made it so it was only going to their room. He doesn't know how he figured it out but he blames it on his smart brain and survival instincts.

Though, it isn't fully bad news. They found crucial information on the zombies. They sleep when the sun is up. They used this to their advantage and roamed through the city as far as they could. They searched for survivors, supplies, and their members.

But they could only find supplies. Nayeon quickly helps Jin brings the food and place them in their storage. She asks, "Any luck?" Jin shakes his head and Nayeon frowns. She says, "I-it's okay. It'll be a better day tomorrow."

"FUCK, HOBI! WHAT'D YOU DO?"

to be continued...