{15} Constrictai and Venomari

My shared room is quiet and peaceful. Nya had left a few hours ago to be up in the bridge. Looking for any signs of the serpentine. Or to be more specific, Pythor. The name of the Anacondrai told to us by Lloyd. The scroll he had taken held all the places of the serpentine tombs. Nya was determined to figure out where the last two are and beat him to it.

        Hence the reason for my current mediation. Despite having the perfect place to do it undisturbed, it hasn't been going well. I've been sitting on my bed in my meditative position all this time. Reaching for a vision of any kind in hopes I could catch a glimpse of where serpentine may should up.

        Already my mind is clear and free of any distractions. I reach deep within myself once more to find that soothing heartbeat I had before. I can feel it, just beyond my reach. Teasing me with how close it is, but for some reason, I cant reach it as easily as before.

        There must be a trick to this. I did it last time when I saw the falcon in a vision. Come on. I can do this.

        I hear the door slowly swing open on the edge of my senses. I frown slightly, feeling myself lose concentration. Who's coming in my room? Did Nya come back for something? No, those footsteps are much louder, sloppier even.

        Opening my eyes, I see the perpetrator to be Lloyd. He's tiptoeing over to my side of the room where my dresser is. In his hand looks like one of Nya's gold bracelets.

        "What are you d-doing?" I ask him.

        "Ah!" Lloyd jumps with a shout. He nearly drops the jewelry and fumbles to catch it. He succeeds and hides it behind his back with a totally-not-suspicious- grin. "Oh, hi Mira!"

        "Lloyd, why... why do you have one o-of Nya's bracelets?" I question.

        "What bracelet?" Lloyd acts dumb.

        I give him a look, then hold out my hand. Silently asking him to give it to me.

        His shoulder's slump in defeat, and he takes the walk of shame over to me. He drops the bracelet in my open palm.

        "Thank you," I say as I get up. Stretching my muscles after being in one position so long. "S-So, why are you st-stealing her jewelry?" I'm not angry, I'm just genuinely curious as to why he's stealing things.

        He shuffles his feet, staying quiet.

        I get down on a knee to be at eye level with him. "You won't get in tr-trouble if you tell me."

        Lloyd avoids eye contact. "I was playing a prank to get Nya mad at you," he mumbles.

        I sigh, a bit disappointed in his behavior, but not surprised. We did just take him aboard yesterday after all his shenanigans. I stand to put Nya's bracelet on her bedside table.

        "Are you going to tell on me?" Lloyd asks, clearly dreading the answer.

        "I'm n-not." I assure him, placing Nya's bracelet down.

        "Oh... You're not mad?" Lloyd asks.

        I shake my head. "Just dis-dissapointed."

        That seems to be just as bad in Lloyd's book telling by his guilty expression.

        I want to be nice to him. He is Sensei Wu's nephew, but the boy has a long way to go to be good. Maybe... If I take a nicer approach to him, he could be nudged in the right direction. After all, his only influence in his life has been his evil father and that bad school. Maybe if he has some good influences, he could become a good kid in time. Sensei seems to believe so at least.