{7} To The Underworld

I laugh full heartedly, the wind whipping by my face. No need to worry about my hair getting tangled up with my turquoise ninja hood up. Letting me enjoy the sight of clouds racing by while seated on the back of a dragon. Holding onto Kai to make sure I don't fall off Flame.

        This is the best mode of travel!

        Cole's screaming said he would beg to differ. "E-Easy! Not so fast!" He's barely managing to hold onto his Earth dragon's back. It's surprising we even managed to get him on the dragon in the first place. It took some convincing just for him to name it Rocky.

        Jay and Cole, however, greeted their dragons with open arms.

        "Whoa! This is awesome!" Jay manages to barely yell over the wind in his hoarse voice. Riding the lightning dragon he named Wisp.

        "Yes. This is quite fun," Zane agrees. Smoothly flying on the ice dragon he named Shard.

        Through all the excitement, I found myself thinking. "S-So... how do we get t-to the Underworld?" My soft voice was barely heard over the wind.

        Flame looked at me, then to the clouds below, stopping his flaps. Kai gripped on tighter to Flame. "I think we're going to find out!"

        Flame tilted downwards, tucking in his wings and falling into a dive. I hugged Kai's back tightly as the sensation of weightlessness hit us. The boys screamed as we fell faster and faster.

        When we broke through the clouds and could see the ground below, the dragon's begin to spin. A blazing glow of orange spun at the front of Flame's head. I could feel the heat it gave off from here. While I could feel the chill of Zane's dragon behind us.

        The ground is fast approaching, and all I can do is cling onto Kai in fear. A glowing point on the ground ripples, a spiral of light. I bury my head into Kai's back as it races up to meet us. Instinctively bracing for impact, but... I felt none.

        "Is it over?" Cole hesitantly asks.

        "Hardly! I hope these dragons know what they're doing!" Kai shouts.

        I peeked my eyes open to see we're now in a tunnel with cracks seeping purple light. It's barely big enough for the dragon's to fly in.

        Flames leak out from the walls of the tunnel ahead, forcing Kai to maneuver Flame to weave around them. The flames give the tunnel a warm orange glow as the dragons dance through them.

        Sharp spires of rock jutting from the walls proved no match for the elegance of the dragons. The guys are so in sync with them, dancing around the obstacles, it's like they just know what to do. I wish I had a dragon of my own.

        I could feel Flame pump his wings harder, making him go faster.

        "They're speeding up! Hold on!" Kai warned.

        My sight was enveloped in a swirling array of light. Then, it went dark. Just as my sight returned, the dragons planted their feet to the ground, jolting roughly.

        We screamed as we were thrown off them from the momentum. Landing harshly on our stomachs with pain filled groans.

        "I think... the dragons need work on their landing," I mumbled.

        Cole's eyes lit up at the sight of stone beneath him, "Solid ground! We made it!"

        We looked up, and the sight of the vast Underworld greeted us. Floating stone islands dotted the place over an ocean of lava. Bridges stretched across the gaps, connecting the floating islands. It is both breathtaking and ominous.