{17} The Samurai

It's been great having a bit of peace again. The past few days have been pretty chill. We trained a bit, I meditated some times. No new visions of any note. Lloyd even tried some meditation with me and Zane. He didn't really last long and got bored quickly, but it's cute that he even tried.

Now all the ninja, along with Nya and Lloyd are back around the table. The seating arrangement has changed. I now sit next to Lloyd with Kai and Nya on one side. The other side is where Cole, Zane, and Jay sit. Having finished our breakfast for a bit now. We are just happily chatting whatever comes to our minds while we drink.

"I bet I could beat up one of those snakes," Lloyd boasted.

"Oh really?" Cole raises an eyebrow at him. "Tell me, how you would take down a serpentine?"

"First, I'll stomp on his tail," Lloyd said confidently. Sensei Wu walks in through the sliding door holding a box, he smiles at the conversation taking place as he walks by. "Then when he turns, a thunder clap to his ears! Then when he's stunned, I'll disarm him," Lloyd grins as he finishes telling his plan.

"Not all s-serpentine have tails, Lloyd," I gently remind him.

Cole scoffs. "Plus you're too late, he's already hypnotized you and now you're under his control."

"Or he's already put you in a squeeze," Zane adds, closing a fist for emphasis.

Kai raises his hands like claws towards Lloyd. "Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom."

Lloyd now looks down, defeated. Sensei Wu now sits down at the end of the table, placing the box down in front of him. Lloyd looks to him for advice. "Uh, Uncle, what's the best way to stun a serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?"

Sensei Wu lets out a sigh. "Sadly, it was the Sacred Flute you five carelessly lost." I avoid eye contact in shame and drink my water.

"Hey, no, no, no," Jay waved his arms and shakes his head. "We didn't lose it, Pythor stole it."

Sensei Wu grabs a cup and pours himself some tea. "Whatever the case, without it, I fear we have nothing to combat their powers." He adds a sugar cube to his drink. "We may have prevented them from uniting in the past, but they will try again, and one day, they will be stronger." He warns eerily.

"Don't worry, Sensei." Cole speaks up. "I've almost reached my full potential, and when I become the Green Ninja, we're not gonna need any magic flute."

I facepalm and Lloyd looks at me weird. Not again...

"You're gonna be the Green Ninja?" Kai laughs at that before becoming dead serious. "Don't make me laugh."

"I thought it was decided that I was destined to become the Green Ninja," Zane points to himself with a smile.

Jay laughs and puts a hand on Zane's shoulder. "The only thing decided about you, Zane, is that you're weird."

The boys immediately go into a fit of arguing back and forth. As talk of the Green Ninja has always elevated to. I audibly sigh and lean on the table, my head in my hands. I barely register Lloyd getting up. I look to see where he's going, and see him approaching Sensei Wu.

"What's in the box?" I can barely hear Lloyd ask over all the yelling.

"Your new uniforms," Sensei answers. Removing the lid to show smaller boxes with our symbols on a clear top. He shoves it down the table, stopping the argument in its tracts. The ninja gasp and quickly snatch there's up. Kai grabs his and passes over mine.