{30} Healing Hearts

A/n: Sorry about the wait. I severely underestimated the time holidays would eat up for me irl. Not to mention the freeze that happened for me. But things are settling again. As I was writing this chapter, it became clear to me that it would be far too long if I kept everything I wanted in. So it's been split up.

There is a great hissing within the darkness. Bone chilling and fierce. Deep in a way that only can be produced by something large and predatory.

Toxic green light blooms across my vision. Coming from a spiral below. Pythor slithers across the symbol, grinning widely up at the dark cloud covered sky. Where not even a star dares to shine. Almost fearful of the happenings down below.

The Great Devourer's statue drips with glowing venom from it's stone fangs. They glow with the light of all four fangblades in place. The statue cracks. There is a rumbling further down below that rocks the very ground.

"What have you done?" Sensei Wu appears. Glaring harshly at the anacondrai. Gripping his bamboo staff tight.

"Don't you see?" Pythor gives him a crazed grin. "Releasing the Great Devourer is the only way to get back at the people of Ninjago for locking my kind underground for all those years." He raises himself taller, leveling his own hateful glare at the human. "We should have been the ones ruling the surface, not you!"

"You are playing with a power that cannot be controlled." Sensei Wu retorts. Slamming his staff against the ground. "It will consume everything, including the serpentine!"

It is then the statue breaks. The rocks tumbling to the ground. Crashing through the stones to reveal a dark abyss. The rumbling below grows louder and louder. The sound of something scraping grows closer. Another hiss booms from the cavity.

Pythor's smile of victory slips into horror as his magenta eyes stares into a much larger pair. A large serpent breaks through the stone ground, bursting from the earth like a parasite. It's massive, as large as the great skyscrapers of ninjago city.

The colossal serpent turns to the two before it. Letting out a guttural growl, baring fangs as large as the bounty masts. She lunges, mouth stretched open and crashing through the very space the two stood. Swallowing them whole.

_____----=={O}==----_____

I gasp, eyes flying open. My heart pounding away in my ears. Sending dull aches with each beat. I wince, staring a good long moment at the wooden ceiling above me and it's plain wooden boards. The sight looks off. Like... like my field of view has been narrowed.

I frown, now noticing the sensation of something wrapped around my head. Covering the top left side of my face. I reach up a hand and feel bandages beneath my fingertips. The dull radiating pain coming from the area underneath, but it's not the only place that hurts.

Slowly, with a grimace, I sit up. Soreness in my arms makes itself known as I push myself up. My tail moves beneath the blanket I'm under. Stretching out from the cramped position it seems to have been shoved in to fit on the bed. Falling over the end of the bed and tail feathers resting  against the floor. All this shuffling disturbing the small form curled on the end of the bed.

I freeze as Lloyd shifts in his sleep. Letting out some unintelligible mumbles as he  frowns and buries his head deeper into the crook of his elbow.  Practically drowning in the oversized green ninja gi. Settling back down with his back touching my tail. His breaths deepening once more. I relax, watching his chest rise and fall. I find myself smiling solemnly at his resting form. He must not have wanted to leave my side. Poor kid.