{26} The Blade Cup

I wonder if this is going to be a regular occurrence.

Once again, I am in another private meeting with Pythor in his den. Having been summoned by a scout he sent. Having to leave the festivities of celebration I was invited to by the constrictai for getting the first fangblade. They sure do know how to bake large cakes that's for sure. Lloyd didn't seem too bothered to be left with them, claiming he'll eat another slice for me when I left. I'm not looking forward to his sugar high.

"The map states the second fangblade is in a desert temple," Pythor says. Regaining my attention. "I want you to look into it with that gift of yours before we head out. Can't be too careful with those pesky ninja."

"Of course," I nod in understanding. Curling up in a comfortable position on the floor and clasping my hands together. Closing my eyes and entering my meditative state. Easily finding that spark of power within me. Ever since I've regained my serpentine form, it's like a puzzle piece I've been missing has finally slid back in place. Because of that, it's become much easier to use my ability.

Show me the temple hiding the fangblade.

My eyes grow hot and I open them.

I see ancient stone halls of a desert temple. Great bricks of limestone line the walls. A group of serpentine led by Pythor and Skales is traveling down the hall. Pythor carrying his General staff. On the far end of the hall sits a raised stage.

Pythor suddenly stops, raising a hand to tell the group to halt. Skales, the one reading the map, bumps into his back. Skales glares at him in confusion.

"Why must we sstop when the next fangblade is just ahead of uss?" He questions.

Pythor answers by jabbing his staff at the stones just in front of them. Instantly they fall, the floor collapsing into a large pit. One that is far too dark to even see the bottom.

"What good is unlocking the Great Devourer with the four fangblades, if we aren't around to see it?" Pythor scolds Skales. Skales averts his eyes to the floor shamefully. "Get the boy!" He demands.

Skales hastily nods his head in agreement before turning to the ground to shout. "Bring the boy!"

To my utter surprise, Lloyd is pulled to the front, his hands bound in chains. He doesn't look thrilled to be there. At Pythors command, the chains are unraveled and they drop to the floor. Lloyd looks up at Pythor in surprise.

"You're letting me go?" He asks hopefully.

Pythor scoffs at such a notion. "Only to fetch, my dear boy. Do step lightly." He pushes Lloyd towards the wall where only a sliver of a path remains. Lloyd crosses, jumping over a break in the path only to misjudge his jump. As he grips the floor and dangles precariously over the pit, I'm left wonder where on Ninjago I am! However, Lloyd pulls himself up back to safety.

"Bring me the fangblade, and I'll let you go." Pythor orders the boy.

Lloyd frowns at him, looking fearfully down the empty corridor. "And Mira too?"

"If she even wants to," Pythor agrees.

I'm helpless to watch Lloyd take on the task. Traversing down the dangerous hall. Outrunning a collapsing floor. Ducking beneath a lowering ceiling of spikes. Dodging a barrage of arrows shot from the walls. And even surviving a small cave in before he ends up in the final chamber.