{9} Hypnobrai

"So then, we all agree. The prophecy states that one of us will become the green ninja, and the issue will not rest until it is decided." Jay recapped the boys conversation on the way home.

I had stayed silent, and they roped me in on it too. I hadn't even said a word about wanting to join in. I'm really not all that competitive. Plus, I'd rather not have the burden of a prophecy on my head. Giving them is already hard enough.

We are walking up the rocky walkway against the mountain cliff face, having just closed the dragon stables doors. Thankfully, Zane wasn't nearly crushed this time.

Zane following behind Jay spoke up, "May I suggest a tournament? Last ninja standing is the best." Count me out then. I will get my butt handed to me.

"And will be declared the Green Ninja. I love it!" Kai threw up his arms. I had to disagree, but I would never voice it. They really are set on the idea, despite how idiotic it sounds how a prophecy is decided. How does beating each other deem you are the Green Ninja? Not to mention how maybe they will be the best ninja of the team now, but who's to say they always are? Another one of them could train then declare a rematch and beat the tar out of the so called best ninja. Heck, what if they all knock each other unconscious simultaneously?! Who's the best in that scenario? Me eating popcorn on the sidelines?

I'm over thinking this aren't I?

I hadn't realized I got so wrapped up in thought till we enter the monastery. Greeting us with the sight of the training course running at full blast. Nya sprinting, jumping, and flipping over obstacles in her way. She reached all the way to the swinging axes and was doing quite well until one smacked her in the face and right off the course. I cringe, she may not have hit the blade, but I'm pretty sure the side of a metal axe slapping you in the face isn't fun.

Jay walks over to her dazed form on the ground, his voice lowered in sympathy. "H-Hey, Nya. Closer to beating your brother's speed record?"

Nya accepted his help getting back up, "Getting there. I heard what happened in town, just a false alarm?"

"Yeah," Kai joined his sister's side, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Uhh, but we're going to need the space, sorry Sis."

Cole opens the cabinet set out here holding the sparring armor. At least they won't get too hurt. Cole picks up a helmet and throws it at Jay, it nails him in the back of the head. I snicker under my breath. Okay, maybe they can still get hurt with the armor.

"L-leave me out," I wave to Cole. "I don't want to par-participate."

"You're not going to try for the Green Ninja?" Jay asked, rubbing his head.

I shook my head, "I... I would rather not."

"Okay then," Cole says, "We'll hold two matches. The winners of each will face off for the title. Armor's for our protection. It's time to see what these babies can do," he lifted his Scythe of Quakes into the air.

Kai finished putting on his set of armor, "Hey Nya, wanna stay and watch me mop the floor with them?"

"No thanks," Nya declines. "I think I'll just visit Jamanakai Village. Knock yourselves out." She looked to me, "Wanna join Mira? Could use some girl time."

I think about it. I'm not fighting anyway. I nod, pulling my hood back and smiling, "S-Sure." I join Nya, exiting the monastery with her and leaving the boys behind. Sadly, I don't have a dragon, so it looks like we are going on foot. Around ten minutes by dragon, nearly forty minutes by foot.