For My Wife

~IMPORTANT UPDATE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER~

***Harry's P.O.V***

My mind couldn't rest. I couldn't rest. Everything in my life was a complete mess, and until I had stopped Zayn, that wouldn't change. Doing this is the girl i love the most in the world was destroying me, but it was this, or have Zayn do something so much worse. I couldn't let Mel be hurt because of him. I couldn't, and I wouldn't. I knew Zayn would come through on his promise to hurt me for keeping Mel safe, but that was a promise I was willing to make. For my wife.

"Harry."

I turned to see Niall standing in the hallway, watching me carefully as I sat hunched in the corner outside the room Melanie was in.

"Hey." I whispered softly, not sure I had the strength the put up much of a conversation.

"How is Mel doing?" he asked, walking up to me, then sitting down on the floor next to me. I closed my eyes as images of my girl crying flooded my mind. I hated all this so much. I hated  Zayn so much for forcing my hand in this. Seeing her like this was like the first days of us, and it pained me too much. I hated what I did, and how I hurt her. I had vowed to never hurt her again. Ever. Yet here i was, all because of him.

"Not well. Understandably she is hurting, afraid. They way she looked at me Niall...it was like those days all over again." My voice cracked as tears started to burn my vision.  "What if she never forgives me again? What if this was the last straw?" I cried, letting my tears fall.

"Mate, the girl married you after everything. Melanie loves you, she won't leave. Someday we can tell her the truth, and everything will go back to normal." Niall assured me.

"I hate him." I sniffed. "I hate what he is doing to us. How he is the villain this time and he is making me look like the monster to Mel. I hate how she thinks he can trust her when in fact he want to...God this is all so messed up!" I roared, throwing my head into my hands.

"I know. Harry I know I can't say I understand this all. I have no clue how this must feel, and you're in a situation that nobody would envy, but you must know this is the right thing to do. Mel may not understand why you're doing this, but she doesn't understand the circumstances. How can somebody choose which direction to take if they don't know what the destination is? C.S Lewis once said 'Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief'. Your belief is that you  and Melanie were made for each other, and that nobody could come in between you. So yes, keeping her locked up is a risk, but it's worth it for the reality of you two being together forever"  Niall explained.

I turned and looked at him ,smile slightly and shaking my head. "You're a lot smarter than you give yourself credit for. You get that, yeah?" I forced a laugh. Niall laughed too and shook his head.

"Not really. I know I'm a genius." he mocked, elbowing me. We both laughed and then returned into a brief moment of silence. 
"Besides, let's not forget her heart of gold. She forgave you for all the things you put her through, no offence. Not too mention what I did when you first got her...Hell, i don't know what came over me mate. I'm sorry for ev-"

"It's okay." I assured him, putting  a hand on his shoulder. "I did a lot worse. Pobody's Nerfect." I joked causing him to chuckle at my joke.

"Agreed." he smiled. "Look Louis, and Liam are downstairs. We agreed it could help having extra..security around." he mumbled.

"Yeah thanks, I called Alex over too. He's on his way." I stated.

"Damn, you really are taking this to extremes. Investing Alex for help."

"Well you know what him and Mel are like. Buds at first sight." I grumbled recalling when they had first met and tried to run off together.

"Oh my gosh, right?!" he laughed. "What was with that anyways? They're like joined at the hips."

"I dunno. I guess Mel took a liking to him because he was the first nice person to her since I took her all the time ago." I guessed.

Niall nodded in  understanding. "Ah, makes sense."

All of a sudden a loud bang sounded from the bedroom. Niall and I jumped to our feet and raced into the room, only to see Mel struggling in her restraints, and had knocked over the vase of flowers somehow. I let out a sigh of relief seeing that was all it was.

"Baby." I sighed, walking up to her.

"I'll go get the broom." Niall mumbled, heading out of the room.

"Niall is in on this too?" Mel cried. "So all of you are doing this to me? Louis? Alex?" she asked. My heart broke at the sight of her, Her eyes red and puffy from crying.

"I'm sorry Mel. But this is the way it has to be." I whispered, sitting on the edge of the bed beside her. "You know I love you more than anything." I mumbled, brushing her hair out of her eyes.

"I've heard that before." she sighed, giving up on the restraints and slumping down into the bed again.

"You'll see one day princess." I whispered. My eyes studied her softly and noticed she was shivering, and struggling to keep her eyes open. "Your tired." i stated and she weakly nodded. Without another thought I got up and walked around to the other side of the bed, and removed her left hand's cuff and the same for left ankle, making it possible for her to turn on her side, which she did. Then i climbed into bed with her, spooning with her to keep her warm.
"Go to sleep angel." I whispered, kissing her neck softly.

Mel let out a distressed sigh, and she had tensed slighlty under my hold, but her body was too weak and tired to fight me. Slowly her eyes fluttered closed. "I love you darling." i mumbled into the crook of her neck. She huffed in response, and moments later, her breathing sounded louder, signalling she had fallen asleep.

I lay awake, holding her into me, and watching her. It pained me to see her hurting like this again. We had come so far from the old days, yet here we were again, because of Zayn. I sighed softly, before too closing my eyes, trying to assure myself that I was doing the right thing like Zayn had said. I was doing this to keep her safe.

I had to do this. For my wife.

~~~~~

Okay so I feel the need to tell you guys this, at the risk of sounding like an over-protective parent. You know how I said I thought I was being stalked? Well as it turns out, I am now 99% convinced it is real.  But I had the wrong person. It wasn't anybody I knew personally.

I met him on the internet.

I know it was foolish, and this is why I am saying this to you guys. People say how they were victim to some crazy pedo or stalking form online, but we never take them seriously because we think it won't happen to us. This is exactly what I thought. I was like "C'mon this is little old NZ, where the only crime is speeding and drinking". Seriously, especially were i live. But a feew days ago, I thought I heard movement in the garage at like midnight. I shrugged it off as wind, but then as I walked down the hallway, the doorknob from the garage leading into the hall was slowly turning. Somebody tried to enter my house. Freaked out i cried out, and ran to my parents, my dad checked the property with the dog, but by the time he found the torch and got outside, he found nobody.

Anyways, I this guy on a website, where it shows people who live in the same country as you and such. But i met him AGES ago. We messaged and then started texting quite a bit. He was extremely sweet and funny, texting was somewhat flirtatious. Then he wanted to meet up. We nearly did, but thankfully other plans came up, and we didn't in the end. Then he went back to texting me, but ran outa credit, so I couldn't text. He threw a huff, and was like "fine then, bye, whatever" and never texted again for months. Then a few months ago I finally went back onto the site. It had notified him (along with other users I talked too that  i was back on, since if you are inactive for a while it wont let you send them messages, and when you start again, it tells your "friends" you're back on again) Baring in mind this way a few months ago when I first started feeling like I was being watched. The site said he had viewed my profile A LOT and he started messaging me again, to which I at the time thought nothing of. So we started texting again just last night.

Here's where it got creepy.

We had been texting for  about half an hour, then I decided I was tired and went to bed, turning of my lights and hoping into bed. I NEVER said goodnight or whatever, just didn;t respond. Literally seconds after the lights went out, he texts "Goodnight, so good to talk to again, Sweet dreams x" I was a little freaked but shrugged it off as I coincidence.

Then the next day when I eventually wake up and get out of the bed, withing the minute I get up he messages me saying "Good morning babe. How was your sleep? x" Now call me crazy, but how the fack does he know EXACTLY when i got into bed and when I got up? I was scared, but not wanting to anger him I responded. "Morning" and he texts back "Morning who ;) " as in he was wanting me to call him babe.

Fack it all, I sound paranoid, but I am scared like you would not believe.
MY POINT IS PLEASE be careful online guys? All this is effecting me so much. I am losing weight, and sleep, I constantly feel nauseos, I can;t open my curtains, be home alone, and I live on high alert, jumping at EVERY noise.  Don't think that "it wouldn't happen to me" because the statistics show it happens to over 3 million people in the states alone, (idk here in NZ) and nobody is born with a safety card. Please be  careful guys? I sound like your mother but oh well, if it keeps you all safe I don't care if I sound bossy. I wouldn't wish what i am going through upon anybody.

ILY GUYS xxoo