Escapes and captures

***Melanie's P.O.V***

Pain. Smoke. Fear. Shouting. Screams. Sirens. My head was swirling, and my body was trapped below shrapnel from the crash. A moan sounded to my right, and my head drooped to the side to see who it was.
"Louis?" I groaned in pain as I tried to pull my legs out from the wooden planks that were once on the porch, now trapping me down. Louis was also trapped under debris, but we were close, given he has tumbled down with me to dodge the car. We were encased in a tunnel of debris, and wood and car parts enclosed around us. It was like a fort of death.
"Mel?" He breathed out. "Thank God you're okay. Are you hurt?"
"I think..." I took a deep breath, the fumes from the mess intoxicating us both. I sniffed and trailed off. "Do you smell smoke?" I asked with horror laced in my words.
"Shit." Louis cursed. "If that fire hits the petrol there is going to be one hell of an explosion." Our eyes met and I saw the fear I felt match with the horror in his.
"Help." We croaked out, our voices hoarse, and diminishing through the wails of sirens. 
"They can't hear us." I whispered in fright.
"It's okay." Louis tried reassuring me. "The sirens prove that the firemen are here."

CRACK

We both froze.

"Call me dramatic, "I said softly "but I think that was the sound of kindling cracking in a fire. A fire that will soon be an explosion." 
"You're dramatic." Louis muttered, but we both knew he was trying to avoid the facts. We were minutes away from an explosion, and we were trapped.
"I don't think denial is going to work for us, Lou."
"Okay." He sighed out, looking left to right, his eyes wide and panicked. "okayokayokay." He glanced at the wooden planks trapping us.
"It's wood." He stated. "We can wriggle out of that. It'll hurt, but it beats becoming ashes. On the count of three, we shuffle our butts backward and pull our legs out, okay?" His hand grabbed mind and I nodded, grimacing as I prepared for the pain that was about to come.
"One..." We looked at each other.
"Two..." His grip on my hand tightened.
"Three!" We both cried out, pain erupting from my knees downwards, and tears stung my eyes. I pulled and nothing happened, but Louis proved successful, him sliding behind my vision. A clank of wood collapsed as Louis pulled free, the planks that had him trapped tumbling down and missing my face by inches.
"Shit! Mel, you okay?" I nodded, afraid to speak knowing it was futile to try again. I was stuck.  
"It's parts of the car." Louis muttered, coming to kneel beside me. "That's why you can't pull free, it's too heavy."

CRACK

Our eyes connected and shivers ran through me.

"Go." I cracked, blinking away tears.
"No way am I leaving you!" Louis argued. "I can..I can lift this-
"No, you can't, and you're wasting time. Go and get help. I'll be fine." We both knew that was a lie, but I knew he wouldn't leave if I showed just how terrified I was.
"Please." I pleaded. "Better one death than two." I reasoned, but Louis shook his head.
"You're not going to die." Louis argued.
"Go." I whispered again. He hesitated.
"I'll come back. I'll get help. I promise Mel." I nodded. He remained still and I sobbed out loud, half frustration and half fear.
"Go Louis!" My voice trembled.
"I don't want to leave you like this. I don't want to leave you."
"You have to. You'll see me again, but only if you get help." I reasoned, the time wasting away far too quickly.
"Stay brave." He pressed his lips to mine so quickly, I froze, but I had  no time to respond. He shoved through the debris surrounding us, and he was gone. I was shocked. He kissed me. I knew it was irrational to be focused on that, rather than my fate, and yet, I was struck with confusion.  I waited.

CRACK!

I sobbed louder. Fear now taking over.   Images of Harr and Darcy danced through my mind, and I couldn't hold back my crying. This was the end, and I couldn't breathe. There was one final crack and then a flash of blinding light.

BOOM!

***Harry's P.O.V***

Smoke. So much fucking smoke. I leaped from the car and raced towards the chaotic scene, were police had already tapped off the scene, and Rian was standing there, hands clasped behind his neck looking frantic.
"MELANIE!" I yelled, running forward only to get yanked back by an officer.
"You can't go back there sir!" He   yelled. "It's too risky!"
"Fuck that! My wife is trapped in there! And my best friend!" I struggled to break free, but another cop came up and helped him restrain me.
"Harry." Rian came up to me. "It happened so fast." He looked like he was in shock. "Jack has Darcy." He explained. "The car crash was planned, by Zayn no doubt, which means he was close by. Jack has her and took off to safety. He called saying he's at the police station right now. Nobody is getting to her through all those uniformed men." I nodded in thanks, my eyes still searching the wreck for a sign of movement.
"It would be quicker if we all searched for her!" I bellowed against the officers yanking me back.
"It's not that, sir. The smoke isn't coming from the initial crash. It's coming from a fire in the car, under all that debris. This debris is like a heap of kindling. The minute that fire grows it could reach the petrol and this whole scene will explode."

No.

My world froze at the thought. I couldn't see straight, and the world tipped. If Mel was in there when the car exploded...my world would end.

"Help!" We all turned from back to the scene as the officers still dragged me away, but the minute the voice called out they froze, and we glanced back to see Louis limping in  a crooked run towards us.
"Lou!" I yelled, relieved to see he was okay.
"Mel is trapped, you need to get in there and help her!" Louis  ordered firefighters pointing in the  direction he came from. I followed his direction and saw debris of wooden planks and metal shrapnel toppled high. A gap showed, where Louis must have pushed through, and my heart froze. My wife was trapped in there, and time was running out.
"Louis-" I was cut off my a sound so loud, and so devastating it felt like a somebody had ripped my lungs out of my chest, stealing me of all breath. Light blazed in the sky, orange, yellow, and red flames licking up in the air, as fire exploded. I fell to my knees and a savage yell rippled through me as I watched the fire blaze up

BOOM

***Mel's P.O.V***

A shudder rumbled through the ground below me, and  wood was sent flying backwards, away from me. The explosion had come from behind, the force and friction swooping towards me, sending the mess trapping me off me. The force was like nothing I had ever felt before, and my body was thrown. A retched scream left my lips, and I was sent crashing down to the ground with a hard force. Pain. Pain. Pain. So much pain. My eyes drooped, and I knew I was seconds away from passing out from the agony coursing through my body. Darkness clouded my vision, and just as my body fell into the abyss two arms wrapped around me, and a voice I recognized made my blood ran cold.
"Times up for you, Mel."