Completed Puzzle

Yes, for those who are asking, this is nearly finshed!! It was going to be longer, but a lot of negative messages were received saying it had gone too far, too dark and the likes, which is true, so the end is nigh! Like this is the last chapter, and then I shall post the  epilogue. BUT if you haven't checked out Prince and the pauper yet, DO because it is my favourite book by FAR! Enjoy xx

Kendall leant back in his seat like all the wind had been expelled from his lungs, and he had every right to react so. The whole story of Harry and I and everything in between had been chaotic. It had sounded even stranger actually saying it out loud.
"So, just for clarification, Mel is married to you willingly?" Kendall asked, making me laugh and Harry roll his eyes.
"I made mistakes, I handled things in rash ways, but I am not the complete devil you think I am." He defended, and Kendall scoffed in response.
"And i'm not the useless friend getting your way of Mel that you thought I was. You know, when you tried to kill me. Well, my brother that you thought was me anyway." He retorted. My eyes widened at his bold statement, and I saw Louis bite his tongue to hold back his laughter.
"Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot." Harry offered, making Niall howl with laughter.
"Perhaps." Kendall said dryly.
"So all of you were, what? Okay with your best mate kidnapping a girl?" Kendall accused lightly, making Niall, Liam and Louis all awkwardly scratch the back of their necks.
"Not all of us are born with pixie wings and eat rainbows and poop butterflies, Mr Perfect." Louis snorted, and Niall nearly toppled out of his seat with laughter.
"Mel." Kendall addressed me. "Did-I mean-you're friends with them now, too?" He asked hesitantly.
"Admittedly I didn't like them at first." I said, and Louis made a sound of offence.
"What the fuck did I do?" He asked half jokingly, half serious.
"The first time we met I was bound and gagged and you asked, and I quote 'has Harry broken you in bed yet?'" Liam just about wet himself with laughter, and Louis looked down at the ground awkwardly.
"I say let bygones be bygones!" He suggested, and everybody in the room laughed, all except Kendall. I flashed him a reassuring smile, and he looked pained as he returned it.
"I'm happy now, Kendall." I said softly, and he slowly shook his head.
"He hurt you, Mel. I saw how terrified of him you were." He ran his hand down his mouth, and Harry looked at me cautiously, regret burning in his eyes.
"Do you remember Charlie?" Harry asked suddenly, and Kendall frowned.
"Yeah. He's out in the foyer with some other guy and a little kid." He said slowly, obviously referring to Alex and Darcy. It struck me that Kendall wasn't aware I was the little girls mother.
"Alex is the other guy."
"The one that helped you try and escape?" Kendall asked, and I nodded.
"And the little girl is...yours?" He asked breathlessly.
"Darcy." Harry informed him, a smile coming to his lips just mentioning her. Harry's fingers locked with mine, and he pressed a gentle kiss to my knuckles.
"Darcy." Kendall mused with a smile. "I always knew you'd make a great mother." He said, and I smiled.
"I'm not the only good parent." I gestured to Harry, and Kendall froze slightly. The two stared at one another tensely, and at last Harry spoke up.
"I love Melanie. And I love my little Darcy. I will always take care of my girls." Harry said earnestly, whilst Kendall remained silent for a moment.
"How can I be certain you are a changed man? Or you'll stay changed? What if you go back to what you were?" He asked honestly, and Harry winced. I thought Harry wasn't going to respond at all, when he rolled up the sleeve of his shirt. I was puzzled, until Harry pointed to a tattoo on his arm.
"Things I can't." Harry read out. "I had another tattoo on the other arm saying 'things I can change." He explained. "I covered it up now, but I kept this one." He pointed back to the tattoo on his left on.
"Why?" Kendall asked, and Harry smiled.
"Left arm, left hand. My wedding ring hand." Harry replied, and Kendall sucked in a deep breath of understanding.
"This tattoo is still there because the things I can't change are connected to what I have now and would never want to change, even if I could." Harry lightly brushed my cheek sweetly.
"I messed up Kendall. I was a monster. But Mel-she saved me. She changed me, ignored the past and the things we cant change, and now we're a family." Harry looked up at Kendall, and I was shocked to see Kendall smiling back.
"Naww, Harry you pathetic love-sick puppy! You're just adorable. A dork, but adorable." Niall teased, and Harry glared over at him.
"Adorkable." Louis chipped in, and I laughed as I watched Harry punch him in the chest playfully.
"You sure you'll be fine?" Kendall redirected to me, and I grinned as I nodded.
"Completely. " I assured him. I watched carefully as Kendall nodded, seeming to take on everything that had been explained. It was one hell of a story for sure, but if I was able to live and let go, then Kendall certainly could. I needed him to. We were best friends, we had been since we were children, and I needed his approval like any little girl would need from her father. I couldn't help but break out into a grin when Kendall stood up and extended his hand towards Harry. Harry gladly accepted the gesture and the two shook hands, and Louis winked over at me behind their backs as we watched our best friends make peace.
w"Well I don't know about you lads," Liam broke out, "but I am over drama and twists. I just want a normal, apple pie life."
"I could so go for apple pie right now." Niall chimed, and we all laughed.
"Can I meet Darcy?" Kendall asked eagerly, and I beamed up.
"Of course you can." I nodded, and waited whilst Louis called in Alex who was outside the room occupying Darcy.
"Mel, thank God you're awake!" Alex hollered upon walking in with Darcy balanced on his hip. "Don't get me wrong, little Darc here is a gem, but my parenting skills are...limited." He teased, and I laughed as he handed Darcy over to Harry, and happily snuggled into her daddy's chest.
"Baby, I want you to meet a friend of mommy's and daddy's, okay?" Harry said softly, and she nodded her head enthusiastically.
"Darc, this is Kendall. He grew up with mommy." Harry introduced, and a huge smile spread across her face as Kendall grinned widely and let her little hand grasp onto hi pointer finger in her own little form of shaking his hand, and I saw Kendall practically melt with joy.
"Hello Darcy." He smiled, and Darcy instantly broke the stranger barrier by wrapping her small arms around him, well his arm at least, in a attempted hug.
"She's precious." Kendall grinned over at me, and I laughed nodding.
"Yeah she is." I agreed proudly.
"Speaking of miracles," Harry cut in, and I watched nervously as he flashed me a mischievous grin.
"When you were unconscious the doctor's did a scan, and on the scan it showed babies.  Two." My mouth dropped open, and fear of Zayn's actions made my stomach twist, but the smile on his face told me this was good news.
"They survived all you went through, Mel." Harry was smiling from ear to ear and grasped my hands with his.
"Tests were done, I am the father. They're our babies, darling. God must have been protecting them." He whispered, and I made a sound of excitement as I threw myself into Harry's chest and he happily hugged me back, gently rocking us softly.
"More babies." I cried joyfully, and Harry's chest rumbled with laughter.
"Yes, more babies." Harry assured me, pulling back to look me in the eyes and smile.
"We finally get to settle down and have a full family." Harry assured me. "No more schemes, no more enemies. Just the Style's family."