Some Things Never Change

~~~One Year Later~~~

***Melanie's P.O.V***

Darcy sat in the small sand box Harry had built for her, a huge smile spread across her features as her and Harry built sand castles together. She had grown up so quickly, and grew more and more beautiful every passing minute. Harry smiled at her, as she giggled when he lifted his bucket, the castle toppling over.

"Are you laughing at daddy?" Harry playfully gasped at Darcy, placing his hand over his chest, acting hurt. Darcy's eyes lit up with laughter as she giggles, nodding her head.

"Mine is better!" she laughed. Harry gasped at her and she smiled up at him, with her bright green eyes that matched Harry's perfectly. I smiled as I sat on the deck watching them, whilst flicking through my magazine.

"Na-ah!" Harry pouted. "Daddy's is way better!" he teased.

"It fell over daddy!" she laughed, shaking her head, her brown curls bouncing as she did so. Harry laughed along with her, then looked over at me.

"Mommy thinks mine is good, right mummy?" he smirked at me, causing me to laugh shaking me head, and Darcy's laughter grew even louder when I shook my head.

"Sorry, but Darcy's is waaaaay better!" I smirked, Darcy laughing and sticking her tongue out at him.

"See! Mommy likes mine better! she teased. Harry shook his head playfully, and went back to creating another one. I returned my attention back to my magazine, admiring some of the dresses and cringing at some.

I was startled when a finger curled around the top of the magazine, pulling it down, revealing a mop of brown curls, and bright emerald eyes.

"Excuse me Mrs Styles, but I was expecting you to be on my side." he smirked, sitting next to me on the deck.

"I am, but I can't lie now can I? Darcy's actually stayed standing." I teased, causing his dimples I loved so much to appear and he laughed.

"Maybe I need to  teach you a lesson, hmm?" he whispered in my ear, goose bumps spreading down my arms as I felt his lips press to my neck, trailing upwards.

"Maybe I should teach you how to built a proper sand castle. Or maybe you could get some lessons from your daughter?" I mocked wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Teasing leads to punishments you know babe." he purred into the crook of my neck.

"Uncle Tommo is here!!"

Harry groaned and I laughed as Louis stormed out onto the deck.

"Uncle Lou!" Darcy cheered.

"There is my favourite little girl!" he beamed racing over to her and picking her up, spinning her around as she giggles happily.

"Careful Louis." Harry warned. I pushed at his chest softly, hinting for him to chill out and he sighed, returning his attention to me.

"Why does he always turn up the minute we're about to have sex?" he huffed.

"He doesn't. It's only been three days." I reasoned.

"Still." he huffed. "He did right now."

"We weren't going to. Darcy couldn't have stayed in the sand pit by herself." I noted

"I would have put her in bed." Harry  reasoned.

"At 3:30?" I scoffed.

"Kids need naps." he smirked. "Just as adults need certain things." he winked, causing me to laugh. Louis placed himself beside me and hugged me from the side.