Do you believe in the walking dead?

A/N I know bad Zayn angers some, but this is purely fictional. I have nothing against Zayn, he is still the man I adored as 1/5 of 1D, and this is not me attacking him. He's great :)

***Melanie's P.O.V***

I couldn't see anything. But I could feel everything. A soft fabric was tied around my head and covering my eyes. My ankles and wrists were  trapped down by cold metal, but I didn't have the ability to lift them even an inch like I would with cuffs. Whatever was tying me down was attached to the cold table I was bound to, and had my body effectively paralysed. My  body felt like one giant bruise, sore and stiff, and my right leg was in agony. A pathetic whimper left my mouth.
"Ah, so you're awake." The achingly familiar voice made my body heave with a loud sob. Zayn had returned, and he was clearly goal orientated. I heard his footsteps, slow and predator like creep towards me. I made no comment. I wouldn't give him that luxury. If he was going to kill me, or hurt me, I wasn't going to beg. I wouldn't let him take my life and  my dignity.
"Sorry about the crash, sweetheart." Zayn said, his voice smooth. "Ideally you would have come out fine, but I had to get those other morons out the way."
"The people you call morons used to be your best friends." I spat, tugging at the restraints that remained in tact. I could barely move. "How could you be so ruthless?"
"Collateral damage." I heard his smirk. A cold hand ran down my neck and along my collar bones. I shivered.
"Harry will kill you for this." I threatened, earning a loud laugh.
"Harry won't live to complete that wish." My body froze, and his hands trailed down my body.
"Wh-what do you mean?" I whispered.
"Your husband is a jealous man, Mel. That will be the end of him. A few days ago, I sent a letter to Louis." My breathing was heavy and erratic. "It said that if he wanted me to spare you a lot of pain," Zayn's hand harshly yanked at my hair and tugged, making me cry out, "that he would do me a favour." I swallowed and fought the tears that the blindfold was rapidly absorbing. "He would take you to his bed."
"You bastard." My head swung to the left, and I whimpered in pain, the hit so hard I was amazed I was still conscious.
"Watch.your.tongue." He hissed.
"Why would you want him to do that?" I cried.
"Because I knew he would comply."
"He didn't." I said proudly. "You might be quick to betray Harry, but Louis wouldn't. He never slept with me."
"He planned to." Zayn chuckled. "He thought he had more time. He was planning on doing so tonight, but I took you first."
"So you just wanted to test him?" I asked, confused by his logic.
"No." Zayn clucked his tongue. "I wanted to get you away from Harry, and Louis wouldn't risk sleeping with you if Harry was near. So I needed to make sure you were away from him before I took you, and the only way Harry would leave your side was if he believed you were in danger at his. So I made Louis let Harry think I was coming to get you last night knowing Harry would prepare for a battle. A battle he wouldn't want you around."
"Oh God." I whispered, his master plan finally coming to light. Is was genius, and I hated him for it.
"Yes. I knew if Harry was readying himself to get you to safety before I came for you,  Louis would jump at the chance to get you alone and comply to my threat. And the fool played right into  my hand. He told Harry he'd hide you away, where he would take you to his bed. The twat thought he was protecting you by doing so, when really he just helped deliver you to me, where I could catch you without Harry being near."
"So before the explosion when Louis kissed me.." It all made sense. He hadn't betrayed Harry. He must have known in that moment what had happened, and Zayn was here. He hadn't followed up on Zayn's threat to have sex, so a kiss was a last  ditch effort to protect me from pain from Zayn. It all made painful, perfect sense, and I cried out in frustration.
"Hardly what I would refer to as sex, but I give the man credit for trying.  A for effort." He laughed darkly. "I have also added the finishing touch to my plans. I sent one final message to Harry. Telling him of the horrible betrayal Louis made. Your jealous husband will be pissed, a fight will rise, some will side with Harry,  my guess is Niall and Liam, and some will side with Lou, such as Alex and Charlie. That reminds me, I thought that one had died? Was surprised to see him walking about." His tone was light like he were friends joking around, and it sickened me.
"Well he is."
"So what, he has nine lives?" Zayn scoffed.
"No." I growled. "It was the days when Harry was..-"
"Was the man you hated." Zayn laughed.
"They planned it, made me think he was  dead so Charlie would follow Harry's orders to leave me, without giving me false hope he'd return for me." I remembered the day well. When Harry had tied me up to protect me, and Charlie was returned like a  ghost.
"Well I'll be damned." Zayn chuckled. "Harry is also quite the schemer."
"He's nothing like you." I hissed, earning another slap that had my whole body shake with another sob.
"Funny though." Zayn mused bitterly. "How your friends appear to come back from the dead."
"Friends?" I asked, confused yet again.
"Oh yes." Lights stabbed my vision as the blindfold was ripped from me. I squinted as blinding lights shone down on me. I  saw the room we were in, and the familiar room sent a stab to my heart. "I have a surprise darling." I spat at his feet at the nickname and Zayn merely laughed. "You remember this place huh?" The old wooden walls and photos on the back wall were all to familiar. "You see, I knew you'd be quite a handful." Zayn spoke, pacing the room that used to be a ratty old shed, that me and an old friend turned into a secret hangout.
"I knew I'd need somebody to help me control you. Keep you in check." I had a heart-shattering feeling like I knew where this was going, and it made me feel nauseous. "Did I forget to mention I have been planning this for years?"
"What?" I gasped, eyes widening.
"Silly me." Zayn shook his head. "Yes, well years back when I first knew I loved the girl I could never have, I knew I had to take her."
"You've been planning on abducting me for years?" I cried, the shock too much.
"I don't know why you're so shocked. Do you know I was only seventeen when I was diagnosed with schizophrenia?"
"No."  I whispered in fear. The revelation was terrifying. Not only was Zayn dangerous physically, but he was also mentally unstable.
"Huh." Zayn fake gasped. "Must have forgotten to mention that."
"So all along you knew you would do this."
"Yes." Zayn smirked smugly. "I planned  on revealing this little gem last time, but we were cut short. However, my partner in crime wasn't around to get hauled off to jail, so you never saw him. A pity, he was quite looking forward to his reunion with you."
"Please, just spit it out." I pleaded.
"Patience." Zayn tutted. "He was reluctant at first. He wasn't sure it would be so easy to fake the death. Of course, the death itself wasn't fake. There was a fatality. Just not the person who you thought it was." My mind was spinning, and I knew where this was leading. The old secret hangout meant it could only be one person. But the thought of his betrayal was too much.
"You know who it is, don't you?" Zayn grinned. "I can see it written all over your face."
"Please." It was all I could say, and Zayn smirked down at me.
"Did you know he has an identical twin? A twin I met years ago in mental institute?"
"A shame you left. You're clearly not healed." I growled.
"Neither was  he. He was in for attempting suicide. He hated his family, he hated life, and he was so desperate to be at peace."
"You manipulated a sick man!?" I was furious, and Zayn was so smug. His puzzle of plot twists and planning was complete. And he was thrilled.
"No, I gave my friend his only wish. When I told him my plans on coercing his hated twin brother into helping me exact me revenge, and my plan what give his brother the misery he deserved, as well as his wish to die, he was happy to oblige."
"You're sick. Well and truly twisted."  I cried, tears streaming down my face.
"It was so perfect!" Zayn clapped. "So precious. You must admit, Mel. I'm a genius!" I screamed out in frustration and Zayn laughed.
"I think it's time you two are reunited." I was shaking my head.
"You said coerced." My head shaking. "So he didn't betray me." I convinced myself.
"No he did betray you. Just not willingly." Zayn clarified.
"No." I cried.
"Yes." Zayn gloated. "Come in buddy!" Zayn called, his eyes glistening evilly. The old wooden door to our old hangout swung open, and he walked in. My heart ached as our eyes met, and I saw pain in his facials. He was just as torn up by this as I was.
"Melanie." My name left his mouth like all breath had left his lungs. He raced towards me and he grabbed my hand.
"Don't do this." I pleaded.
"I don't have a choice. He'll hurt you." He shook his head, pleading me to understand.
"I just love reunions." Zayn spoke, smiling in  his own glory. "Go on, say hello Mel. It's been years." Zayn laughed.
"I'm sorry." My old friend cried.
"So am I." I sobbed loudly.
"I missed you." He smiled through his pain. I forced a pained smile back.
"I missed you too, Kendall."