Mistakes

***Mel's P.O.V***

Every part of my body was burning. Not from physical pain. But from emotional pain. The returned fear. The flashbacks. The tears burning in my vision. The heartache burning in my heart, smoking out any trace of happiness I had once had. I felt like that poor weak girl all those years ago, and I hated it. Anger was raging throughout my entirety, but the sadness was stronger by far. Burning away at the contempt's that once settled inside of me. But Harry's old demons were back, burning me down from the inside out.

"Please say something, Melanie." Harry spoke timidly. He was sat at my bed side, holding my hand that was cuffed down, his thumb tracing circles in my hand is if it was a comforting gesture. It had been once upon  a time. But now? Now it was just another action Harry was inflicting upon me that I didn't want.  Yes, he could have, and has done, a lot worse, but right now the betrayal hurt me so much that him so much as looking at me pained me.
"Mel" he repeated, squeezing my hand gently.

I didn't say anything. How could I? What was I to say? No matter what I could have said, it would have been rude or hurtful, and I knew perfectly well what angry Harry could do, and I didn't want to unleash that upon myself. At least he was being gentle now. But who knows how long that will last?

Harry let out a distressed sigh, and shook his head.
"You're killing me here baby." he muttered.  I turned and glared at him. I was expecting my harsh gaze to anger him. But it didn't. He just stared at me with a sad, sympathetic look. Like he was in pain. Anger blossomed inside of me at the sight.

"Don't look at me like that." I hissed at him.

"Like what?" he questioned softly. Why was he acting like this? That was one thing I had noticed. He wasn't acting violent or angry right now. He was just so passive. It was strange, given him cuffing me up and refusing to let me go. Even his sweet and small gestures were confusing me.

"Like you're sorry for all this. Like you regret doing this to me all over again." I grumbled.

"I am sorry. I do regret this." he assured me, his hand caressing my cheek softly. "I hate all of this as much, if not more, than you do. But you know what Niall said earlier? That you couldn't pick the correct path to take if you don't know the destination. And that's true. You don't understand all of this, so this makes so sense." Harry explained.

"Is that what you told yourself when you first kidnapped me?"  I spat. Pain flashed across Harry's eyes, and he looked down at the ground briefly, before looking back up at me.

"This is different, Mel."

"Bull. This is the same cruel treatment you gave me all those years ago!" I tugged at the cuffs. Harry  sighed.

"Just relax Princess."  His hand reached out but I flinched away.

"Stop saying that! Stop telling me to relax when i have no reason to! Stop trying to tell me this is all okay, or that there is a valid reason for all this. Stop defending yourself, and stop hurting me all over again! Just STOP!" I ranted. "Please.." my voice weakened, "just stop all of this."

"Baby I can't. I know that annoys you, and if I could say something that would make a difference, than beleive me, I would. I would say anything to assure you that this is all for the best. If I could somehow put your mind to rest, then I would jump at the chance,  but there isn't. No matter what I say, it will anger you. I need you to calm down though. If you tug too much at the cuffs they will dig into your skin and cut you, so please, for your sake, just relax." Harry asked softly.

"I'll relax when I get away from you." I growled, again tugging at the cuffs. I cringed when Harry's words proved correct, and I felt the sharp edges slice into my skin slightly.

"My point." Harry muttered. "Mel, seriously, I don't want you hurting yourself, you either stop struggling, or I'll have no other choice but to drug you." Harry stated, opening the bedside table which contained multiple syringes.

My heart flip-flopped at the sight. I had seen these before. When Harry first found me. When Alexander and I had first me. Harry had intended to use them on me.  Next to the syringes was more bags of white powder.

"That powder..." I whispered. "Was the drugs  I found when I thought you were taking them." I whispered in shock, Harry nodding his head. "Oh no. All this time, those drugs weren't for you. They were for me. You were...you've been planning this!" I gasped in realization. "How long?" I seethed. "How long have you been plotting this Harry?" I demanded.

Harry looked at me with a guilty face. "A while." he whispered. "Which goes to prove this isn't me acting out again. It proves I had a motive and reason for all this." 

"You're crazy." I whimpered shuffling back as far as I could. "Like delusional."