Chapter 33

“Matching elevators??” Brandon asks trying to stifle a chuckle.

I groan and turn back towards Luke who has a huge childish grin on his face. One second he is yelling at us then the next he is jumping up and down about freaking elevators.

He is so bipolar geez.

“Let’s just go already ugh.” I groan and pass Brandon into the elevator.

I turn my head to see that Brandon and Luke are following close behind me. Quite eager to see what Brandon has been up to in his free time i press the only button in the thing, obviously making us go down.

The elevator creaks and shakes a little before it actually starts moving. And when it does it makes weird screeching noises as if rats were surrounding the perimeter.

“Brandon when is the last time you fixed this thing up?” I ask looking around in the elevator.

The walls to the elevator arent even walls they are most like cages. Creating a pattern with a diagonals and covered in rust, making the whole space smell funky.

“Uhh i dont know.” He replies looking around as well, “10 years maybe..?”

“10 years!?” Luke exclaims.

Woah buddy calm your testes now.

“Uh yeah,” Brandon scratches behind his ear looking guity.

Luke’s face turns into a mixture of confusion and humour, “So you have had this place for 10 years and didnt think to tell me?!” He exaggerates.

“Luke its hard to ex-”

“Nah you know what i dont even care whatever.” Luke cuts him off just as we approach the basement.

The doors open and Luke is the first person to step out without even glancing back. I look at Brandon for a split second before hurrying to catch up with Luke. I dont even look around to examine the place because im trying to allow my little legs to catch up with my bipolar boyfriend.

“Jesus Luke slow down.” I groan and try to reach for his hand but fail miserably because i end up tripping on my feet and crashed down to the ground.

I let out a ‘oomph’ as i lay limply on the ground. My mouth gets a buttload of dust and just crap as i try to cough it up. I faintly see that Luke as now stopped to take a look at me.

“Oh so you stop when i fall but not when i working my ass off to catch up with you.” I groan out while i stagger up to my feet while holding my stomach where i got the wind knocked out of me.

Luke plainly shrugs while coming to my side putting an arm around my waist. Glad to know he still cares..

He tries to walk forward more but i grab his arm to stop him, “Wait for Brandon.” I murmur causing him to roll his eyes at me.

While we wait for Brandon to catch up i look around the basement. Similar to mine but not exactly. Obviously its more beat up because its been here longer but the equipment and everything is the same.

Weapons hang from the wall all neatly and sorted out. A mix of machine guns, rifles, swords, and pistols hang from hooks. Punching bags are scattered all around..some hanging from the ceiling and about five are laying in the corner, all with holes or tape covering the body.

“My office is towards the back if you follow me.” Brandon tells us when he finally catches up to us but this time he is the one to walk a few feet in front leaving Luke and I behind.

Maybe this is the time to ask Luke about his bipolar feelings. Even though i have a pretty good feeling what’s going on.

“What’s wrong?” I murmur taking his coat in my right hand and shaking it a little.