Chapter 30

Waking up on a Saturday morning is probably the best feeling in the whole entire world. Not having to go to school, knowing there is no alarm, and just being able to lay in your bed for hours. I peek my eyes open and end up squinting from the bright sun peeking through my curtains.

That's one of the reasons i love fall.

It's still undeniably sunny even though its cold enough to give you brain damage outside. Sitting up in my bed and stretches my arms out i remember the events of the previous day.

Groaning i reach towards my dresser to grab my phone off the charger. I click on the home button to see no texts or calls from Luke. To be honest it gives me a warm feeling. He's giving me space. Like he told me he would. But the question is how much space do i need?

Do i know my decision?

Am i gonna let this guy i dont even know help us?

Would he really be willing to help?

A lot of bad things could come out of this but i think i need to focus on the reality of the situation. Luke's right. We could use someone else with this. With only me with the right training and abilities this could be seriously dangerous.

I dont know what i could be dealing with. When it comes to Elliot you never know. 

Deciding that ill having a clearer view on this when im up and ready, i get out of bed.

Quickly i get out of the shower and throw on whatever clothes i see in my closet not even caring. Making sure i grab my phone off my bed i make my way downstairs. Not wasting any time i grab my keys and im out.

~

Showing up to Luke's house is scary none the less. Well no i wouldnt say scary. Just intimidating...

I pull up into the huge driveway and park my car. I sigh and lean back against the seat debating whether or not this is the right decision. Maybe it wasnt a very good idea to just show up without sending him a text or a call..

Maybe he will think its really cute and adorable and think im spontaneous?!!?

Whatever.

Before i can over think it i hop out of my car and head up to the humongous front entrance. Reaching out i ring the doorbell once and take a step back. Through the frosted glass i can see a figure walking towards the door.

Suddenly getting nervous my palms start to get clammy and i am quick to shove them in my zip up hoodie i just threw on.

The door swings open and im surprised to come face to face with the one..the only...

Mrs. Sterling.

"H-hi Mrs. Sterling." I greet her politely but also stuttering.

I curse myself in my head. Really Riley? "H-h-h-h-h-h-i-i-i-i". Thats probably what is sounded like to her. Jesus Riley get yourself together this is your boyfriend's mother.

"Hello." She says very formally, "May i help you?" She asks gripping onto the door frame rather tightly may i add.

It seems as if i cant speak cause im so nervous but i manage to recover quickly, "Yes, um is Luke here?" I question politely.

She nods her head, "Yes he is...why don't you come on in?" She asks holding the door more open to me.

Now the i can fully see her body it makes me very insecure.

Mrs. Sterling is dressed very very very formally. She has a creme long tight dress on that ends at her calves with matching shoes. Even to top that off she has pearl earrings, a pearl necklace, and also like 509 pearl bracelets attached to her body.