Chapter 1

(okay this is warning before any of you start reading this. I started this book AWHILLEEE ago and my writing has gotten so much better throughout this book. So once you get past the first few chapters it will be really good. It also may sound cliche in the beginning but trust me the rest is not. Please don't judge this book on the first chapter. Once I actually finish this book I'm gonna go back and fix any grammatical errors because I know there's a lot also a warning for that. But I hope you enjoy the book!! Thank you for actually tapping on this to read means a load!)

Im walking down the halls. Head down. Walk fast. Keep books close to my chest. This is the routine i follow everyday of my highschool career for the past 3 years. It sucks.

Yes im one of those girls.

The big glasses, the ugly sweaters, the geeky attitude, the straight A's. 100% me.

But it's not like i have a choice here.

I sigh when i reach my locker and put my books in and take the ones i need for the next class. Walking through the halls again unnoticed i slip through my next class taking my seat in the front of the classroom. I take out my notebook and start writing notes that are written on the board.

School started about a month ago and i still dont know if i can keep this up for any longer. I had the whole summer to be me. No one knew. But here i am, being back to my fake self.

OH!

If i havnt introduced myself yet im Riley Evans. The school's nerd. But that's in school. And just in school.

Outside of school i have a totally different life than this. Im badass. Im mean. Im powerful. Im dangerous. But no one can ever know that. For. Reasons.

Well just to clear this up im a fighter on the streets. A street fighter? No. But when there are gangs or just plain criminals, lets just say im the one who helps the police out a little. No one knows my identity or what i even look like.

When i go out i spray paint my face. And no its not like Arrow so you can just shut the fuck up. I make different patterns each times. Sometimes i may look like a circus clown, some days i may look like a just got a really bad spray tan. I have some fun with it. So no one can know its me, but they do know my code name. And that name is Razor.

Razor is badass. She is scary. She is the girl that everyone fears. She cannot be defeated.

But what i do is not very easy here. I have to go through training, conditioning, exercises. And i learned it all from my father. But he doesnt know i do this on the streets. Cause he's dead.

Last summer he died when a gang took him in an alley asking for his wallet. There were about 6 of them the police said. Obviously he had fighting skills so he tried to fight them off. But he was outnumber obviously. When he tried to fight back they just got angry and it ended with a guy pulling a gun on him and pulling the trigger. And since that day i have vowed something.

I vowed that any free gang in the street doing bad things were going to be brought down. If that means i have to kill them, or just simply bring them to the police. Ill do it.

Before my father passed he was teaching me the skills i have now. But not for these purposes. He wanted me to protect myself. Defend myself. He knew that there were bad people out there and he didnt want me getting hurt. Im not very good at sports so i guess it was something to keep me busy.

It all started when i was about 10 years old and a little boy pushed me down at the park. I told my dad i didnt like how it felt. Not because i had a slight scratch on my elbow but because i felt defeated. Yeah i know pretty ridiculous at the age of 10. But its true. So from that day my dad started teaching me things. And when the day comes, im gonna teach my kids the same things.

"Riley are you listening?" Mrs. Moore asks me.

I must have zoned out taking the notes cause i dont remember a thing she has said in the last 5 minutes.

"Oh u-um y-yeah sorry." I quietly whispers.

Jesus Christ i hate being quiet. But it's all part of the act. Students or adults wont suspect anything from a nerd. If i got caught by what i was doing, i would for sure go to prison. Even though im taking down the bad guys, its still a felony. So just to be safe, i have to be undercover. Bit extreme but its sorta fun and adventurous.

Class goes on without any more interruptions and when the bell rings i speed down the hallway towards my locker.

When i reach my destination there are a group of guys surrounding around that area. Great. And i know exactly whose group of pals this is. Luke freaking Sterling. Little bastard thinks he's all that when really he's just a pile of horse shit.

I slowly walk up to them.

"Excuse me." I lightly say.

They dont hear me cause they are to revolved around their conversation.

"Excuse me." I say a little bit louder.

One guys head turns toward me with a confused expression across his face. I think his name is Carson.

"What do you want freak?" Carson spits out at me.

Little asswipe. I mentally role my eyes at him.

"M-my locker is right there." I fake stutter.

"Oh? Is it? Sorry i was just standing here not giving a fuck." He snickers.

That wasnt even a good comeback. Who the hell does he think he is.

My head is about to explode.

"And im just standing here admiring how much of a piece of shit you are. Now move please." I accidentally snap at him.

The whole group of boys eyes go wide. Even Lukes.

I recover fast though.

"Sorry. Im sorry. Just please move." I whisper and put my head down looking at my purple converse.

Carson and the other boy snicker but move out of the way and down the hallway moving to another set of lockers.

But i still feel eyes on my back. I whip my head around and see Luke staring at me across the hallway leaning against the lockers with his buddies. No one is paying attention to him looking at me cause they are too engrossed in their conversation. His eyes are filled with confusion and curiosity.

When our eyes meet i immedatiely turn my head away and look into my locker. Quickly i put my books in and exchange them for the second time that day.

Riley you just made a huge mistake.