Chapter 27

Before we left the small apartment i made sure to contact the police so the 3 druggy lunatics can be sent to jail. 

I think Luke is pretty shaken up as we walk down the streets heading towards my motorcycle. Im not sure though. He wont talk, the only communication we have right now is that our hands are interlocked. I keep sneaking little glances seeing if i can read his expression but its took dark at this time for that. 

Once we reach my motorcycle i make sure to hop on in the middle so he can't get on. When i situate myself and look at him again his head is in a downward position. I sigh and grab the front of his tshirt pulling him towards me so he is now standing in between my legs. Taking my finger i bring his chin up so his face is level with mine.

I search his face for awhile before saying, "Tell me what you are thinking..please." I whipser loud enough so it could be heard over the honking cars and wind.

His face is a mixture of all sorts of things. But the one thing that i can really point out is the sadness that is written across it. His lips are pouting on their own and his eyes are saggy. You can just tell even if he isnt trying to show it.

Luke clears his throat, "Nothing. It's nothing." And put his head down again.

But this time a grab his face with both of my hands forcing his head to snap up to mine again. Not even caring if im gentle or not.

"Luke you need to tell me if something is wrong. What we just did is not normal. Its serious. So please you need to be honest." I look him straight in the eyes and say.

He sighs, "I dont really know what it is, " He takes a quick pause before continuing, "Guess it was just a reality check."

"Reality check from what?" 

"What you really have to go through." He whispers and looks at me sadly.

My face softens and i caress his face in my two hands. His cheeks are wind burned and chilled from the night and i can feel small little bumps from previous acne. Which actually i have learned to love. You can't see them you can just feel them and it's just cute i guess. I dont know its weird im sorry.

"I have been training since i was like 12 Luke. And I have training. Besides its not always like what happened tonight i promiseso there is no need to worry or anything" I assure him.

He takes his hands and places them on my hips. Taking a small step foward so we are closer together he places his forehead on mine. I sigh and move my hands from his cheeks to the back of his neck playing with the little hairs.

Luke sighs from the feeling and closes his eyes. I feel him moves his hands so they are now underneath my shirt and his cold hands are feeling the warm skin on my hips. His hands caress there for a few seconds before he starts talking again.

"But you're my girlfriend now. It's my job to worry about you." He pouts.

I giggle and kiss his pouting lips, "You're cute."

That big smile that i love to death breaks out and he lets out a small laugh, "Am not. Im manly."

"Tell that to your giggle." I give him a stern look, "Besides i like it."

"Well in that case.."

Now its my turn to giggle but then i remember what we were talking about in the first place. I needed to set this boy straight. He spends all this time worrying about me when he doesnt get the big picture. 

Im used to all this.

Im used to this street stuff. Im so used to not having anyone truly care for me for so long that i dont necessarily need it anymore. Not that i dont want it from Luke..its just i dont beg for it.