Chapter 16

Yesterday the second i got home i made sure to bring my car to the shop. Never am i going to walk to school again. Well at least not now.

I mean twice?

The night before i got shot at then the next day im gonna be kidnapped. It must have been the same people. How could it have been anybody different...how could they know who i was. How to find me even. So from now on i make sure that i stay alert, make sure nothing distracts me, and be serious about what i do.

I should have known that this would have happened sooner or later. People want to get revenge against Razor. So they will hunt me down, track my patterns, and find out where i live. Thankfully that hasnt happened yet but i feel someday it will.

So as i walk through the school doors on Wednesday morning i keep my eyes open. I keep my eyes open for anyone who would give me death stares or anyone who would just want to kill me. Not seeing anything right away i make my way to my first class.

I see Luke walk in like everybody else and he seems different.

His head is in a downward angle and his longsleeved shirt is over his hands so they make sweaterpaws. It would have been cute if he wasnt clenching his fists so tightly. What the hell is up with him? He looks so uptight.

I dont get a chance to give him a look or even talk to him cause he right away sits down. Not even sneaking a glance in my direction. I mean i get that i told him we aren't friends but that really never stopped him. Not that im complaining but...what happened?

Deciding on what im gonna do i pull out my notebook and rip a small piece out. I grab my pencil and start writing

Hey are you okay today? You look a little off.. -Riley

Crumpling up the little piece of paper into a ball i aim it at Luke. I was actually thankful that it landed straight onto his desk and not pelting him in the head because he doesnt seem in the kind of mood to get hit in the head with paper.

After a few seconds he realizes that its for him and he hesitantly opens it. I physically see him read over the letters and the only thing he does is give me a little side glance and stuff the paper into his pocket. Not even responding to me.

My eyes pop open and i spread my arms out. What?! What the hell is wrong with him today..what did i do!?

"Ms. Evans do we have another problem today.." Mr. Lopez sighs.

My head turns towards his. I cross my arms and slum down in my seat while grumbling, "No sir."

He nods his head and keeps on teaching about stupid society.

Society.

Project.

Society Project.

Luke.

That's how im gonna get him to talk to me and find out what the hell is that matter.

~

I walk out of 5th period class and i still see no sign of Luke. He is definetly avoiding me today and im gonna find out why. I made sure to race to my locker because Luke's is right across from mine. Therefore if he is trying to avoid me by getting to his locker faster i will just do the same. Stupid boy.

There are very few people by the lockers at this time so Luke is easy to spot getting his books out of his locker. I speed walk towards him with a glare and once i reach him i grab his arm. The second i do his head turns towards me and a shocked look is on his face.

"Where the hell have you been today." I ask and let go of his arm.

His face goes blank and turns back towards his locker gathering his needed books.

"W-what do you mean?" Is all he says.

"You've been ignoring me all day!"

He doesnt answer me. Instead he gets interrupted by an arm being placed around his shoulder.

Carson.

"Awww is the poor nerd's feelings hurt because Luke here doesnt notice her." He pouts.

What a dick. I did not miss him these past view days.

"Thats not what we are talking about." I say shyly and put my head down.

"Walk away nerd. Walk away.." He taunts .

I glare at Luke once more and walk away from them. But before i can get out of their vicinity i yell towards Luke, "My house. After school. We need to work on our project."

And before i hear comments from Luke or Carson i walk away. I will find out what the hell is happening with Luke whether he likes it or not.

~

The door bell rings and i basically sprint to the door. Im so eager to find out what the hell is wrong.

Which is weird.

When i have i ever had feelings.

Or even cared for that matter.

I open the door and face an expressionless Luke, "Hey." I breathe out.

"Hey." He grumbles.

"Come on in." I say and open the door wider.

Luke puts his head down further and quietly enters.

"We can, uh, just go in he family room just like last time." I mutter.

"O-okay." He replies.

What the hell is with the stuttering lately.

Once we get situated on the ground with all the supplies and stuff out we get started.

"So how do you want-" Luke starts but I cut him off by blurting.

"What the hell is up with you lately?" I accuse him.

Luke's eyes go wide and he looks down, "I-I don't know what you are talking about."

"Oh come on Luke don't give me that bullshit. The stuttering, ignoring me, suddenly so quiet and shy. What's going on?"

"It's nothing I swear!" He says a little more forcefully.

"Okay then..don't need to be a dick."

"Well you don't have to be such of a bitch lately." He sneers back.

I glare at him, "No you know what I won't take 'nothing' as an answer. The Luke that I was talking to yesterday would have never said that!! What the hell happened to you!?"

He sighs, "It's nothing I swear."

"Is it me?"

He glances downwards, "No."

I give him a pointed look, "You are a terrible liar. Now tell me anything thing that I did wrong."

Luke seems to hesitate. He is hiding something and it has to do with me. Probably about the little stunt I pulled last Friday. Ya know the one where I basically attacked him. Yeah that one. He probably came to his senses and realized that he let a nerd take advantage of him.

"Riley..its just..you said it yourself. We can't be friends." He answers.

Woah.

I was not expecting that to come out of his mouth. Not that I'm complaining like last time but what changed? He can't possibly change feelings like that overnight without even talking to me.

"Oookayy. That doesn't mean you have to ignore me and be a douche."

"Whatever." He mutters, "But we still have to work on this stupid project so let's just get this finished. The sooner the better."

I give him a weird/worried look before focusing on our project again. Something is off. Whether he isn't telling the truth or he doesn't want me to know the truth. Basically the same thing. I think.

Something just isn't right.

But the problem is I have no idea what the hell it could be.