Prepare For The Worst

|Chapter 16|Katharine|

I saw Dave bust through the door looking depressed and like he'd kill anyone or anything in his way. I for one knew why without asking him."Come here,"I said to him."I'm not in the mood,"Dave said."You coming or not?"I asked. He hissed his teeth and began walking with me to where we were going. I lead us to the empty room where there was everything we needed."What is this?"Dave asked looking around the room that had cameras,televisions,locators,sound detectors and a million more things."Just watch and listen,"I said turning on the tv in front of us. It was when he and Kairi was talking."How'd you get this?"he asked."I'll explain later just watch,"I said."I've heard it all already,"Dave said. I shook my head."Not all of it."
I fast forward the clip to when Kairi ran out and Kehmar walked up to her.

"Good job baby,did you tell daddy everything I said?"Kehmar asked her and she nodded."Good job. Now you will never see your daddy again,"Kehmar said and Kairi nodded again."Now go on to wherever you were,"he said and Kairi ran off.

I saw Dave form a fist. The veins in his muscles were more visible and he was getting angry but he needed to see this.

The same lady that took Kairi I think her name is Clarissa came back in the room."Boss,what's our next move?"She asked Kehmar."If he ever comes back to look for his daughter,laser shock him. Get him to my house basement before he gets up. Tie him up and I'll take it from there,"he ended with a small evil smirk."Okay Boss,"Clarissa said."He's coming, go,"Kehmar said going to sit like he was there all along. Dave came out and gave him an evil smirk. Kehmar replied with a smile."Prepare for the worst,"he said as Dave left.

The video ended and Dave still sat there."Before I tell you about all this...you have to understand that what Kairi said isn't true. She didn't mean it. It's because Kehmar told her to. He probably threatened her so she had to do it,"I sat,crouching infront of him. He stared at me and I stared back. Our faces drew closer together and we kissed. It was amazing but I can't do this as yet. Too much drama is here. I pulled away and got up. Dave chuckled getting up with me as I walked further away from him."So,how I got this clip was because of this,"I said holding up a pen with the camera on the bottom part. "Damn,"Dave said. I flicked it to show him how it changed into a smaller thing."And how I got the sound louder was with this,"I said going behind him and tipping to get something from his shirt."You know a lot about this huh?"he asked. "When my mom and my dad died I was forced to grow up with my aunt and uncle. They had this room and it said do not enter but one day while they were gone,I went inside and saw all of these things. That time I was 16. The alarm went off and I knew my ass was gone get whopped but it never happened because they never came back. Then a couple days after I heard they were dead so I lived on my own that's why I still have theses,"I told him."Mhm,so tell me,how did you get to put that inside my shirt?"Dave asked. I didn't answer."As I can remember,it was in the bathroom and I was taking a shower,"Dave smiled."Yes I did it the time. Not like I did anything other than that,"I looked away. Dave chuckled."Whatever so this is how this shit works. Wherever Kehmar goes we know and can hear his plans. And I also have an eye on Kairi,"I said."How?"Dave asked. I turned on a next television to see Kairi sitting on a bed looking outside."So this morning before I came here and I left Kehmar's house,I went there and talked to Kairi and while talking I put up a camera in a picture frame that had both you and her,"I said. Dave didn't answer. He was just staring at the television."We are gonna get her back you just gotta focus on it,"I said. "Okay then,Boss,what's our next move?"Dave looked at me. I smiled at him calling me that."You're gonna turn up there trying to talk to Kairi and they are gonna take you to his house basement. In the mean time I'll be signing the paper for you to be Kairi's legal guardian and then I have to file a case,"I said and he nod. "You know you can get arrested for this right?"Dave asked."Not a problem,"I smiled exiting the room."What's th-"before Dave could finish his sentence a loud a alarm stopped him. I took the thing he had in his hand and place it back where it was taken from and the alarm stopped."I forgot to tell you. I installed and alarm. Anything taken from the room the alarm will go off and the entry password is your finger print and mine. No one else can go in other than you and I,"I said closing the doors."Okay,I see you a smart one,"Dave said. I walked into the kitchen and smiled at him.

"It's time to prepare for the worst for real because Kehmar stops at nothing to get his way out of anything,"I warned Dave

"It's time to prepare for the worst for real because Kehmar stops at nothing to get his way out of anything,"I warned Dave. He smiled."Preparing for the worst only means that we're one step ahead of them,"he said.
"One step ahead means that we winning already,"
"You win I'm done,"Dave laughed.
At least he is himself again.

To be continued...