No,Not My Daughter

|Chapter 9|Kehmar|

"Mom?Dad?"I looked at them."Son,"they both said in unison. Wow. First I've heard that word in a while. Lemme give you a heads up. When I was sixteen and I was in school. I started doing drugs. I dropped out. Still went to university. Almost dropped out because of the same thing but the major reason why I was selling drugs was for my father. He told me to keep it a secret from my mom which I did until I was nineteen. She found drugs in my room and found out where I was and what I was doing. She argued with me that whole night until the words that struck me came from her mouth. I can remember them clearly."You are no longer my son. By tomorrow I want you out of my house."
It's so weird that my dad turned his back on me too after all of this was his fault. He only used me and it took me three years to realise that my dad bribed my mom into the streets too. If y'all maybe wondering how I got into the music industry then I can tell y'all that too. I've met this guy at university. And he heard me rapping bout my life and shit and he told me he could produce it for me and he did. But then came along David Brewster. To just take my spotlight. That's why everything that makes him a star I take it away and today won't be any exception.  Back to my parents shit now. I still am wondering why they're here but I know that once they show up...there's business to be handled. Business that they can't do on their own so they turn back to me. The son who they put out at age nineteen. The son they thought wouldn't come out to nothing but look at me now. They should look into theirseves. They want me now but I never needed them. Not now,not ever.

1 month later

|Omniscient|

The weather was fair. Dave watched his daughter play with Katharine. It's been quite a while since Dave and Kairi has been living with Katharine. Dave did buy a new house but Kairi didn't want to leave since she has become close with Katharine. Plus,he didn't want to leave his daughter with a woman who just seems to be kind. Just look at it,staying with a stranger for almost one and a half months. They don't tell you nothing about them unless you ask and they always eyeing. Sneaky right??

It was just an ordinary Sunday. Nothing major than Dave tryna convince Kairi to come home with him."I'll be back,"Katharine said exiting the house. She came back with a newspaper."Y'all still read them shit?"Dave asked. Her expression made him begin to wonder."I think you're gonna wanna read it more,"Katharine passed it to him. He looked at the FrontPage. It was a picture of him on stage performing collaged with one when he left the event when his girlfriend died. The caption made his veins stand up."All Lights To Visible Darkness"

"Fuck,"Dave said and threw the paper on the coffee table

"Fuck,"Dave said and threw the paper on the coffee table. His reputation was down the drain. His career was there too. His house is. His girlfriend is six feet under. Who or what next will be taken from him?

Same time the door bell rang. Katharine got up and answered the door. There stood two men dressed in suits and a lady in the middle looking neatly attired."Good morning miss. Is Mr. Brewster here?"asked the lady."Ah...ye-yes,"Katharine answered. The three strangers bust open the door and walked in without permission."Clarissa Bentley,acting manger of the Child Agency Department,"the lady flipped open her identification card."Yeah and why y'all here?"Dave asked looking at the her since the two men that were beside her was gone. But where were they?

Dave heard the screams of his daughter as the two men held her."Daddy!!"Kairi cried out as she tried to wiggle out the hands of the men who had a firm grip on her."What the fuck are you doing with my daughter?"Dave jumped up from his chair."Be calm Mr. East," this so called Clarissa put her hands on Dave's chest."No,not my daughter,"Dave pushed her out the way and ran up on the two men giving each of them an uppercut. Both of them fell back with their mouths bleeding. Kairi ran over to her father and hugged him. She hid her face in crook of his neck."Mr. East with all due respect. We are licensed to take your daughter,Kairi, right?From you because of the state you are in,"the lady said."Bit-Listen to me,I am not tryna argue with you about my daughter. Cause you ain't her damn mother!And tell me...what state am I in?!"Dave tried his best not to let out another bad word around his daughter. The lady turned to the two men still on the ground with their mouths bleeding. Dave laughed to himself."I'm sorry... but All dUe ReSPeCt... I am not giving you my fucking daughter,"Dave mocker her,whispered the last part."We'll see about that,"with that said Dave was lazer shocked. His body flinched as it fell to the ground. Somehow the lady managed to get Kairi before she could fall too."Daddy!!"Kairi screamed,seeing her father on the ground."What in the-"Katharine held her stomach and covered her mouth."He'd be okay maybe he'll wake up in the next three hours or so but until he does,take this and make sure to tell him to be at the family court by 10 tomorrow,"Clarissa said holding Kairi."No,no. Y-you can't take her,"Katharine held on to Kairi's other hand as she cried her eyeballs out."Oh you wanna be laying on the ground like him huh?"the lady asked."You have no right to do this. There is nothing wrong with Dave,"Katharine cried."There most certainly is. He can't control himself. He's been drinking. He's been smoking. He's gotten into an accident ON PURPOSE. He's going crazy!!!And as the person who took him in... I think you'd know by now. So let go of her hands,"Clarissa looked deeply at Katharine."You know,there's something known as karma. And I've learnt that one line all my life. Karma is a bitch,"Katharine let go of Kairi and took the paper that Clarissa was giving her."Well honey. You haven't learnt all of it. But lemme finish that line for you. Karma is a bitch...but Clarissa don't give a shit,"

Hey y'all wassup. How's this chapter? To be honest I love the ending. But the only way to know what next is up is to just go on to the next chapter. But before you do that....
Just vote,comment,share and follow ya girl unstoppablequxxnash