God Saved Me

|Chapter 7|Dave|

I opened my eyes to see doctors over me."He's alive!"One shouted. As they had something over my mouth and nose,my face was hurting. So was my body. I was in pain. I could hear my heartbeat racing then it began to go normal. "Where's my daughter!!"I tried to talk under the thing over my mouth. They took it off and heard me clearly. "Where's my daughter?!"
I began getting angry. Where is my fucking daughter?Where is she?"I want my daughter!!"I shouted,trying to move from the bed but u was tied down."Get me out!!I want my daughter. I have to protect her!!"I yelled still not giving up on escaping. I was injected and the last thing I saw was pure black.

|4 hours later|

The sound of my daughters voice crying for me woke me up."Kairi!"I jumped up from my sleep to see I was alone in the hospital room. It was morning and the sun was just rising. I saw the door open and a nurse came in."Good morning Mr.Brewster,"she said."Where's my daughter?"was all I cared about."She's okay,I brought you breakfast,"she placed down the food beside me."I want to see my daughter. Please...I just want to see her,"I was in tears at the moment."Okay,"she quietly said and left the room. I felt calmer hearing that I'll get to see my baby. I was hungry but I didn't want to eat anything. My body rejected the food so I pushed it away. I wasn't tied down anymore so I leaned up and took a look at myself in a mirror. The cuts on my face had bandages and some purple healing thing on some. I really tried to commit suicide. I was really going to leave my daughter on her own. What a father am I?What was I thinking.
I promise Diamontè that I'd protect her and this is what I do?I can never forgive myself for this. I saw the doorknob twist and my babygirl ran in. I knew she couldn't reach the doorknob but I didn't care who opened the door for her. I'm just happy to see my princess."Daddy!!"Kairi jumped up. I took her up and rest her on my lap. She threw her arms around my neck and rest her head in the crook of it."I thought you died Daddy,"I heard her whisper."No no baby. Daddy's right here. I'm not going anywhere,"I reassured her,rubbing her hair."I was crying and the lady told me you were okay,"Kairi said."Which lady?"I finally looked up to see a lady sitting in the chair looking at us.

"Which lady?"I finally looked up to see a lady sitting in the chair looking at us

"Hi,I'm Katharine,"she said. Kairi turned around and looked at me."I told her where we lived although I know I shouldn't and she came and told me you were okay a-and she put me to bed and made me breakfast,"Kairi said."Wow,"was all I could say,looking at the lady."Thank you,"I said and she smiled."I was just trying to help,"she said."No really thank you. I owe you a thank you gift,"I said."No it's fine,"Katharine said."I see your daughter really loved grapes,"she said and I nod."Katharine I really have to thank you for taking care of my daughter when I was down. I really appreciate it. If there's anything can do for you please let me know,"I said and she nod."I'll leave you two to talk,"she got up and exited the room. I turned my attention to my daughter. "Why did you do it daddy?"Kairi asked. Her voice cracking."Baby...daddy wasn't so well,"I tried to explain it the best way I could."You could have died!"she cried."I know baby and I'm sorry,"I said."I don't want you to leave me daddy. If you leave....I won't feel safe and protected,"Kairi said."I'm never gonna leave you baby,"I said and she began playing with her fingers. I lifted her head with my finger."Daddy is never going to leave you again,"I said."I promise."
"I love you dada,"Kairi said and wrapped her tiny little arms around my neck. I wrapped my huge arms around her and tightened the hug."I love you too,my princess. Daddy will never leave you alone in this world okay?"I said to her and she nod."Can I stay with you?"Kairi asked. Immediately the nurse came in. "Mr. Brewster. Your results have came back. You are well and you will be released in the next four hours,"the nurse said and I nod. She left and I looked at Kairi."Does that mean you're coming home?"she asked. I nodded,smiling at the same time. She hugged me."Daddy loves you aight?"I said and she smiled.

At the hardest times of your life,always have the one who's with you from the beginning. It may be your wife,it may be your husband,your sister,your brother,your parents or even your bestfriend. Keep them and you'll forget your face was down ever again.

Those last lines are for real.

Tag someone who is always by your side in the comment box.

It's worth it because you may never know when you're gonna need that person. Plus,life is too short to be alone.