I've Failed Them

|Chapter 11|Katharine|

"Dave just calm down,"I try my best to calm him down. From we've left the station he's been going crazy. Plus I can't get to talk to him because he's locked up somewhere upstairs. I'm looking everywhere until I hear sounds coming from outside the porch.

Are you really telling me that this guy jumped off?

I ran downstairs and blast through the door to see Dave sitting on the porch with a bottle of Rosé in his right hand and he's currently rolling up a blunt at the moment. He doesn't turn around to look so I went and sat beside him. I tried to take the bottle of Rosé from his hand but he had a tight hold on it."Leave me alone!"he said but I was still determined."Dave stop acting like this!"I said."Fucking leave me alone!!!"this time his voice alone scares me."Do you think your girlfriend would want to see you like this?"he didn't respond."Do you want Kairi to see her father like this?"I finally got hold of the liquor. It didn't really make any sense,it was almost finished. I realized his knuckles. They were red asf."Dave?What did you do?"I asked.  No response.
"What did you fucking do?!"I shouted."Nothing,"he said a bit harsh."Nothing?Then why are your knuckles so damn red huh?"I got up and stood infront of him while holding his hands. He looked up at me."I fist walls when I'm angry,"he said looking to the left.  I look in his direction to see blood stains on the wall. I was about to cuss the fuck outta him but I remember the state he's in and why he did it so I just look at the wall and shake my head."Come on,it's late,we gotta get inside,"I told him but he shook his head."Dave!!Stop acting like this!"I was really getting pissed by the way he's been acting."Do you know how it feels to lose someone?!"he looked up at me."I'm in the world too you know. I've lost both my parents when I was seven... so don't think you're in more hell than me,"I said remembering how they died. There was a long ass silence until he turned to me."I can't loose Kairi,"was the only words I heard him say before I saw him turn his face. He was crying. And I felt it for him. When a man cries...you know that what happened was really messed up. To even know that he lost his girlfriend,he's loosing his job and now he's loosing his daughter. I SWEAR if there was anything I could do to help I would. I placed my arms around his neck and rest his head on my shoulder. "I've failed everyone!"he said. His voice was literally cracking."No you haven't,"I said. Another silence approached us as I rocked us back and forth."All of this is his fault,"I heard Dave say."Who's fault?"I asked him. He didn't answer.

"None of this wouldn't have happened if he wasn't here. None of it!!!"I continued to rock him but he began to form a fist."Who are you talking about?"I asked him again."My fucking girlfriend died. I loose my fucking job and now I'm loosing my daughter. Just because of him,"Dave said standing up.

Who is he talking about?

Dave got up and began to walk away from the house.

This nigga is loosing himself too.

I got up running to him."Are you fucking crazy?!Where are you going?"I asked him pulling on his hand. He pulled away his hands and looked at me. Bruh it was a scary ass look.

"I'm going to ensure nothing or no one else that I love

"I'm going to ensure nothing or no one else that I love... get taken away from me,"he said lowly."By that you mean....."I waited on his answer."Kill him,"he said."Kill who?!!"I tried to get him to answer."Kehmar Dirk,"he said and I placed my hands over my mouth as Dave walked away.

He's going to kill my ex-husband??

I sense drama. Do you??
Vote,Share & Comment.
Now hurry on to the next chapter baby.❤