Heartbreak

|Chapter 5|Omniscient|

|2 months later|

It was Diamontè's funeral. The pastor could hardly preach due to the noise of cries and he himself was a close friend of Diamontè since childhood. Mrs. Harper is okay in health but she hardly talks to anyone. She looks at Diamontè's picture everyday and cry. Kairi can't stop crying. She doesn't sleep at nights because she has nightmares about her mother. Same with Dave. He's been going crazy. He's not himself anymore. He too doesn't sleep at nights.
As the funeral is over and they're at the graveside there was no sign of Dave but he was up on the other side watching when her casket lowered in the grave. A tear rolled down his cheeks as he remembered the promise he made to Diamontè when Kairi was born.

I will always love you through thick and thin. Dead or alive. In health or without. I won't give up the day when you die nor the day when I die I don't want you to give up on me either. I will protect our daughter with my heart and I promise to be by your side anywhere you go. I'll follow. I love you.

When it was all over and everyone left. Dave walked down to the graveside and sat on the bench. He placed flowers which wrote Love You, My Wife. He stared at the grave for a whole hour. He now knew how it feels to lose someone so close. He sat there talking to the grave like he was actually talking to her in person. He sat there until some minutes after five. He took one last look at the grave and went to his car. He pulled off and drove home. When he reached,he went to the kitchen and mixed Bacardi with Hennessey,knowing exactly what it does. He drank and walked around the house. Everywhere he went he's seeing her. Every room they had sex in he still remembered her moans and the scent of her. He tried to open his but they were to baggy. Dave's back leaned on the wall as he had the bottle of liquor in his hands almost finished. He stared out of place until the moments flashed back in his mind of how his girlfriend died. Was it him or Kehmar that killed her? Because both hands were on the gun when it went off. Or was it both of them?

At this point Dave is blaming his girlfriend's death on himself. He shouldn't have been so pushy of every fucking thing Kehmar said. No look where his girlfriend is. In a fucking grave. 6 feet under. She warned him to stay away from Kehmar and ignore him but he didn't listen. Everything in Dave's mind is saying he's the one who caused his girlfriend's death. He's saying he should be the one in that casket not his girlfriend.

Taking one last swing of his liquor,he placed it on the ground and grabbed his car keys walking out the house. He was planning on going to the club but changed his mind. He made a u-turn and purposely drove into a tree.