The Beginning

|Dave|Chapter 1|

I watched my daughter,Kiari take up a Barbie doll while on my phone videoing all what was happening for instagram."Ain't you got one like that already?"I asked her. She dropped the doll in the trolley filled with toys."Yes but I like this one,"she said."Aight...yo lil ass lucky I ain't telling yo mama bout this,"I said since her momma never knew bout this. Pushing the stacked trolley to the cashier,eyes widened to see the toys."Daddy,I want juice,"Kiari pointed to the fridge."After we cash these,"I said to her. I can tell that she really couldn't wait for all these things to get cashed."I'm thirsty,"Kiari whined as I pushed some toys to the cashier."Girl- You know what,cash these imma be back,"I eyed the cashier who was staring at me from I entered the store. Walking up to the fridge,Kiari sped up on her tiny little feet and reached before me,opening the fridge. "Aight lil ma what you want? We got-"I got cut off by Kiari."I want soda,"she said."No you ain't. Sodas aren't good for you baby,"I said and took out a grape juice from the fridge."But I want soda,"Kiari said."No imma get you grape juice,"I said. Kiari began fake crying. "Kiari,stop with allat fake crying,you ain't getting no soda. Imma get you a grape juice,"I said giving her the juice. Kiari turned her back to me and folded her hands."Look,it's yah favourite,"I showed her."Grape!!"Kiari shouted and grabbed the juice from my hand and immediately pulled it."No no no no no,baby no don't drink it yet,"I warned Kiari but she began drinking it already. Damn. I shook my head. The pressure I have to go through as a father. Walking back to the cashier,I paid for the juice and waited until the lady finished up with Kiari's toys."Aight Insta,I'm legit tired as fuck,yeah but I'm telling y'all,being a father is damn hard for a lil princess,"I said to the live while holding Kiari in my hands. I was about to say sumn else when I realize that my baby momma,Diamontè just joined my live. I immediately said bye to the live and locked my phone. I know damn well that I'm gone get some cussing tonight for calling in sick for the charity event where I had to say a speech just to buy Kiari tons of toys that Diamontè could have done. Not that I didn't want to go to the event,I just wanted to spend some time with my baby girl since I have been on tour for the last five months and haven't seen her other than from on FaceTime. The shit is,imma really busy man but I always try to find time for my family. Before I knew Diamontè and got Kiari I used to be in the streets on Harlem,New York doing  all sorts of shit. I used to be in gangs and shit. Selling drugs,drinking and shit until one night I met Diamontè and I started to get to know her more.  Then y'all know what happened and turns out she was pregnant for me. I was in a fucking up mess. Like I was in the streets,how the fuck was I to take care of a child and be a father when I'm this person. So I made up my mind. I dropped all the gangs,selling drugs but I still was drinking. And the same month Kiari was born I stopped drinking lyn.  From there it's like there was nothing more cooler than being her dad. I can be mad at the world since I see her I'm glad. I work hard in the rap business just to be at the top. I see my eyes when I look at her eyes. I see my nose when I look at her nose that why everybody say she looks like me. From the day she was born I fell in love with her.

After everything was cashed,I got Kiari's toys in my truck and drove home."Dada,"Kiari called."Yeah?"I looked at her in the mirror."I wanna go to grandma house,"she said."But we needa pack in ya toys,"I said."Please?"she whined,putting on that puppy face. Trying not to fall for it,I looked back at the road to see traffic. Damn. I hissed my teeth and looked out the window to see that Kehmar Dirk was the one holding up the traffic. Honking multiple times,some cars moved and some stayed. Like what the fuck is going on here?"Oh Dave East is in the streets,"Kehmar said,coming up and leaning on my car. Not today nigga. Not today. I looked back at Kiari in the backseat who look quite confused then realized that he was still leaning on my car."Nigga can you move?"I said."Mhm. Give the man way,"he said to others. I death stared him and drove to my destination which is Diamontè mom. Kehmar is my rival from Richmond and I'm telling you,he will stop at nothing to destroy you. He tried fucking around with Diamontè before and I threatened him. He did it again and attempted to shoot me. But having friends all round USA saved my life and they shot at him and shot him in his shoulder. So right now I gotta be aware of my surroundings because seeing him today was weird. Like how paparazzi was there I bet they gone say I lied to not go to the charity event but shit I did plus Diamontè gone find out. Who cares though?Damn. Immediately I got a phone call from Diamontè.

To be continued...
Check out my other book 'Jealousy'