Chapter 1: The Worst Day

This is by far my most popular fic across all platforms (for reasons I don't pretend to know). I wrote this, like, four or five years ago, though. I was young. I was a child.

And I will never look at this again:)

Izuku stood at the top of a random work building, eyes cast on the ground with a dissociated and blank look. The shoulder of his uniform was scorched from the encounter with Katsuki that happened earlier that day.

Then suddenly tears were threatening to fall.

All Might, his idol since he was four, told him to give up.

To be realistic.

And then left him there, alone on top of a building.

Izuku fell to his knees and held onto his backpack straps as the tears began to fall. All of the voices began to scream at him at once. They were unkind and unforgiving.

useless

"I know..."

worthless

"I know"

waste of space

"I know!"

annoying

"I know!!"

rat

"I KNOW!

damn deku

"I KNOW ALREADY!"

thing

"STOP PLEASE!"

inhuman

Izuku just sat and cried while begging for the voice to stop. It drowned out the good one that always seemed to be there to comfort him. Now it was only this one, the one that reminded him that he really was useless. He didn't even hear the loud explosions that were going off a few blocks away.

Kacchan was right, you really are pathetic

Izuku, still with tears in his eyes, stood up and walked toward the door, but not before giving one last glance at the side of the roof.

Was it worth it?

No, how could I think like that? Moms still waiting for me back at home, He thought.

While he walked to what he thought was the direction of his apartment, he held his head down while in deep thought. What was he gonna do now?

A doctor wouldn't be so bad, maybe try his luck with support items?

He whipped his head up when he heard commotion and saw a huge crowd and heroes trying to keep people under control.

Izuku walked towards them and his eyes widened when he looked over a few shoulders.

There was the Slime Villain. The one that had attacked him earlier and was defeated my All Might.
It must have fallen out when he latched onto All Might's pants. This was all his fault. Izuku saw All Might in the back of crowd in his deflated form watching with the same scared expression he had.

Izuku watched in horror as the villain stood in triumph that the heroes didn't do anything. Then one of the bystanders said that the villain took a hostage.

Why aren't the heroes doing anything?!

He remembered when the villain held him. The feeling of the green sewer like slime slipping through his throat and blocking his air ways while he couldn't move.