MTF(33):65/66

0155•05•04•06

"Why didn't you tell me that Dan was having a baby?",I bit into my banana.

"Because why would I care?"

"Uh, because you're going to be an uncle!"

"Hello?",he pointed to my belly,"I already am."

"But, not just a friend of the family uncle and actual blood uncle!"

"Like I said, I don't care about Dan.",he sipped his drink,"I think we should come up with a game plan."

"Fine, but not here."

I changed into a dress and grabbed my car keys off the table. It's been a while since I've driven my own car. I didn't mind it though because when I was behind the wheel I always got a bad case of road rage. It never got to the point where I was stupid enough to get out of the car, but there was a lot of shouting. Plus, sitting in the passenger seat meant that I was allowed to sleep.

I was shutting the door to the house and looking down at my phone when I bumped into Alex. He caught me by my hips, but didn't let go when I was stable again. I looked up at him confused at the smirk on his face. "Careful, don't want to break anything do we?",he had said before guiding me to my unused car. He walked away before I could ask why he was acting so weird.

Alex never showed interest in my safety besides that time he beat up Ryan.

"I'm driving.", I handed Dylan the keys wordlessly.

"I think Alex knows something's up."

"How?"

"I bumped into him and he was acting weird."

"That doesn't mean anything."

It was nice to get back to an old routine with Dylan. We wouldn't be able to get ice cream at the boardwalk when the weather starts to turn cold. Store bought couldn't replace the familiar faces we saw every time we came here. Once my belly starts getting bigger I don't think I'll come back here anyway. I don't want these nice people to think differently of me.

"I'm going to break up with Oliver soon. It isn't fair to him that I'm pregnant and he didn't sign up to become a baby's daddy."

"You're sure he's not the father though right? If he is the father it doesn't matter what he signed up for its his to deal with too."

I counted back the days a long time ago and I'm almost completely positive Oliver isn't the father. The person I last had sex with a little over six weeks ago was Peter. I remember it because he had to leave after the first time and then he came back for another. I just hope that nothing wrong happened to my baby because that night I was doing more than drinking. I haven't touched anything since Dylan started making me paranoid about the possibility of having a baby.

"I'm sure he's not, that's why I'm ending it. "

"Okay.",he nodded,"When do you plan on telling everybody?"

"Right before my birthday party so they can't bother me about it till the end."

He laughed,"You would."

He looked down at his phone,"Shit,we got to get back home."

I didn't ask why we had to suddenly go home. I knew that when the boys got like this they lied to me. I didn't want to make my best friend lie to me. I just had to assume it was important. His speeding didn't help me not be nervous though.

On the way home Dylan pretended to act normal with me, but I could see his stiff muscles. Something wasn't right and I was almost tempted to ask what it was. The closer we got to home the scarier things became. Why would Richard text Dylan randomly and demand that we come home? Did someone die?