MTF(8): 15/16

0032•00•00•00
The boys still haven't forgiven me or Dylan for what happened on Tuesday. They acted like I broke my leg instead of just scratching it. The evil part of me wanted to take advantage of them in their time of weakness, but I didn't. It was funny, but more annoying than anything. They 'forbid' me from doing anything that was considered 'dangerous'.
"I'm not going to trip down the stairs and impale myself with a popsicle.", I rolled my eyes.
"You don't know that."
I stopped," Richard, I can handle walking done a set of stairs without getting hurt."
He tightened his grip on my arm,"I'm just making sure."
"It's been like two days, give it a break."
"I just don't think that you're fully healed."
I lifted up my leg for his inspection," I barely even have a scar."
"It still happened though."
I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down," If you don't stop I'm going to impale you with a popsicle stick."
Today we were going back to the boardwalk, but the boys already warned me that we weren't going anywhere near the peer. If I even looked at it once we were all going to go home. It's like they were grounding me. I honestly didn't think the cut was that deep, but apparently I was lucky I didn't loose a leg. They were so annoying!
Ryan, Lee, and the rest of them were walking farther up the boardwalk in our direction. I could tell that some of the boys were hesitant in what to do, but I kept walking towards them. I am not going to turn around just because they were about to be in slapping distance. Why should I? It wasn't like we were going to fight just because we saw each other.
"Hi, Cass!", Christy smiled.
I moved my head over to her like I hadn't noticed them before,"Christy, how have you liked it here so far?"
"Fine, Ryan showed me this cool shop that sells the cutest bikinis!"
I knew that she only said that to get at Lee. If she wanted him back why doesn't she just make up with him? Involving Ryan was unnecessary. Hell, involving me was unnecessary! I have to get them back together.
"Really, what store is it? Maybe, I could find me a new one too."
"Oh, it's right across the corner, Lesley's."
"Oh.", I gave Lee a smile," Could you help me pick a new one? We haven't talked in forever maybe we could get something to eat after."
Lee raised his brows,"Sure?"
"Great!", I grabbed his arm," I'll see you guys later!"
"How about we come with you? Weren't you just talking about how you needed a new bikini, Ari?", Christy grinned.
"Okay.", I turned back to the boys," I won't break my leg, I promise."
"I don't -", Richard looked over at Lucy,"We'll come with you too."
I don't need a babysitter, I huffed.
I could handle Lucy, she was nothing compared to me. My father taught me how to take care of myself. I really didn't need them watching over me so closely. I don't care if they promised my uncle or not. They were crowding me.
Christy was right about the store,Lesley's, it really did have cute bikinis. I lied when I said that I needed to buy a new one, but with all of these new ones in front of me I couldn't resist. I'll only buy three, three was sensible, right? Besides this wasn't about me this was about Lee and Christy. But, that didn't mean I couldn't get something for myself too.
"Lee.", I whispered from the changing room's door.
"Cass, only girls are allowed in there."
I sighed and pulled him in," I know that."
"Look Cass-", I put my hand over his mouth.
"I'm not coming on to you."
"Good because Christy the only girl for me."
I sighed," Love at first sight, right?"
"Something like that."
"Okay? Anyway, the plan is to get Christy jealous."
He shook his head," No, she'll get upset."
I rolled my eyes at him," That's what she's doing with Ryan."
"I know."
"By the end of the night she'll be yours."
"How can you be so sure?"
"I'm not.", I pushed the bikinis I wanted to buy into his hands," Now, hold my hand and act like you just got reacquainted."
"Reacquainted?"
I shook my head, "You're so cute."
When we were all ready to buy our items at the cash register I could tell that our plan was starting to work. Christy hasn't looked away from Lee and I's hand since we walked out of the changing room. Ari and Lucy were still giving me their usual glares and snide comments, but I didn't pay much attention to them. Even the boys were starting to give me strange looks.
"So, where's the rest of them?", Lucy glared.
"Alex had to go help my uncle with something, Shane's with your sister, and I don't know where Peter is."
"What about Annabelle?"
"She went to Yennifer's."
"Yennifer!", she spat.
"Ari, can I talk to you?"
"No."
"No?"
"I don't want to talk to you. Why don't you talk to Dylan?"
He put a hand on my shoulder," Why don't we go home,you must be tired. You've been standing on your leg all day."
I huffed,"Okay."
I guess it's for the best.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
0033•00•00•00
"She called me.", I whispered.
"Ari?"
I nodded.
"How'd it go?"
"I missed it. That's probably why she was glaring at me at Lesley's."
"Call her back."
"But-"
"Call her back tomorrow morning."
I nodded.
It's three in the afternoon and I still haven't called Ari back. I usually wasn't this much of a chicken shit, but I was scared of what Ari might say. What if she doesn't want to be my friend anymore because she'd rather be Lucy's? Dylan said I shouldn't let my fear get in the way, but it was hard not to. I'd already half way lost her , I don't want to lose the other half as well.
I looked down at my phone and clicked,"Grande Sized".
"Hello?"
"Ari, It's me."
"No,duh. What do you want?"
"You called me."
"Yeah,I did. Surprised you even remembered to call me back."
"My phone was in the car."
"And that's my problem how?"
"I wasn't ignoring your call, Ari."
"Cass, let's go steal Alex's underwear!", Annabelle whispered.
"I can't, I'm on the phone with Ari."
"Oh", she whispered,"Tell her I said hi and to slap Lucy for me!"
"You were saying?", Ari hissed.
"I got hurt,Ari, what do you want me to tell you?"
"How'd you get hurt?", A little tone of concern dripped from Ari's voice.
"I jumped off a peer.", I shrugged even though she couldn't see me,"My leg caught a fish hook."
"A peer!? Cassandra Elaine Summers, you are so stupid!"
"I know, the boys won't let it go either. I don't know how many times I've said I can do it myself."
"The boys."
"Yeah, they won't leave me alone! Earlier, I had to yell at Brian for yelling at me for smacking Alex with a wooden spoon."
"A spoon?", she laughed.
"He tried to eat my ice cream."
"But, a wooden spoon?"
"Dylan and I wanted to know who could eat the most. ", I shrugged," I improvised."
"You're crazy!", she laughed dryly,"I'm sorry about what I said."
"I know."
"I was just so angry!"
"I know you were. I just- I don't understand why."
"I thought you forgot about me! They acted like they were the ones who knew you for your whole life!"
"Is that her?", Dylan whispered.
I put my hand over the mouthpiece,"You're ruining the vibe, Dyl."

"Sorry, about that, what were you saying?"
"See, what I'm saying!? They act like they're you're best friends!"
"Chill, he's just making sure I didn't chicken out."
"I don't like them! They're not good for you!"
"Ari, you don't know them and they've helped me since I've been here. Ari, they're my friends too. You're starting to act like Lucy."
"She was right! You forgot about me has soon has you met them. I bet you're sleeping with all of them too!"
"Whoa. Whoa, now. Let's not get too personal.", I laughed,"I'm not that much of a slut. I've only slept with one of them, thank you very much. You'd be able to meet them if you'd stop being a jealous bitch and get your ass over here!"
"Whatever, you slut, I'll be there in five."
I smiled.
Ari might not have forgiven me and held a grudge against the boys, but it was good enough for now. At least it only took a little over a week, but that was a record in Ari's books. She was known for holding grudges. She still hasn't forgiven the girl who spilt milk on her in the third grade, that's how bad she is about holding grudges.
It could be worse though. She could've told me to choose between her or the boys. I know the answer should be easy, but it wasn't. Ari was the obvious choice, but I felt a connection with these boys. They felt like family. Well, except for Peter of course.
It would be terrible to have a brother that attractive and not be able to do anything about it. It's like the feeling you get when a hot guy is gay or has a girlfriend. What if Peter had a girlfriend? I know he's more likely to be gay than have a girlfriend, but what if he did?
"One. Two.", Annabelle giggled.
"Three.", I whispered shouted impatiently.
"Are you sure he won't be too mad?", Ari asked timidly.
Annabelle and I exchanged a look,"He'll be fine."
It wasn't until I was tucked safe in Dylan's bed when I heard the lovely screams of Alex discovering is floating boxers that night did I smile full heartedly.
Payback's a bitch, Alex!
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

•Why do people complicate a situation that could easily be solved? (Has anybody added you into their drama that you have no business being in?)

•Would you forgive Ari for the things she said and did so easily?

∞READ∞
VOTE
∞COMMENT∞