MTF(5): 9/10

0012•00•00•00

It's been three days since I told myself that I'd tell Kolby the truth. I know I was being a coward, but every time I was getting ready to tell him he would do something nice for me. How could I be so mean to him when he was so nice to me? I know the saying,"its better to hurt them now then later", but I didn't want to hurt him at all. Peter and Dylan have tried to push me into doing it, but I keep backing out at the last second.

"If you wait he'll get even more attached to the idea of you two together.", Dylan patted my back.

"It'll hurt him more if you wait too.", Peter added.

When did Peter get so sentimental? He's been showing another side to me ever since that day in the kitchen. Even though Kolby was constantly jealous of Peter, Peter still wanted the best for his friend. Unfortunately, that wasn't me. Kolby's a great guy,but he's not the guy for me.

"I'll tell him now.", I stared at my legs that were getting wet from the gentle waves.

"If you want we can go with you."

I shook my head," It would probably make it uncomfortable.You're his friends and you didn't tell him."

"We're your friends too."

I nodded," Thanks, but I think I need to do it alone. Besides, the guy he's jealous of comes to tell him he has no chance?"

"Yeah, that wouldn't work out well,huh?"

It's time to tell him. No matter the out come it was better for him to know. Dylan and Peter were right, if I let it continue it'll only make things worse for us. He'd end up getting hurt and I'd be pretending that I didn't feel guilty. I had to tell him the truth not just for him, but for our friendship too. I just hope there will still be one after I tell him.

"Kolby."

"Yeah.", he looked up at me from his spot on the sand.

"I need to talk to you."

He laughed," The words every guy wants to hear."

Once we were a far distance away from the boys I looked into his eyes,"I know you like me Kolby."

"Yeah, I think I've made it pretty obvious. I was wondering when you'd pick up on it."

"I've known for a while."

"Okay?"

"I've been wanting to tell you something for a long time now.", I looked past him at Peter and Dylan who were watching us,"I was just afraid to tell you."

"I've been afraid to tell you too. I know it's obvious that I like you, but I've never told you.", he paused,"Cass, I really like you. I mean, I like you a lot."

I didn't think it'd be this hard," That's what I wanted to tell you-"

"You like me too!", he lifted me up in the air.

"No."

"No?",he slowly let me down.

"I don't like you, Kolby. I've never liked you."

"What about before?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lead you on. I just didn't know how to tell you without hurting your feelings."

"It's Peter isn't it!?", he shouted.

I took a step back," No, it's not Peter!"

"It has to be, who else could it be!?"

"It's not him.", I whispered.

He took a step closer to me," It's one of those boys you've been fucking than!"