MTF(4): 7/8

0007•00•00•00

"Richard!", I screamed before I jumped on him.

He laughed," Hi, Cass."

"How come I don't get such an enthusiastic greeting?", Shane complained.

"Because you're not important!", I stuck my tongue out at him.

I turned back to Richard has he set me down,"Where have you been!?"

"I had to deal with some stuff, but I'm back now."

I smiled,"Good, we missed you."

"Yeah, can you cook us some food?",Dylan rubbed his stomach.

"Actually, Lenny wants us over. We can eat there."

"Are we in trouble?"

Peter laughed at me,"He's having a party. You're fine."

"Yeah, you slut!", Dylan ran up the stairs.

"I'll get him back for that later."

My uncle's backyard was filled with people who all seemed to know each other. It wasn't that surprising though, it was a small town after all. When we arrived a few people had turned to us, but they soon returned back to their own conversations. Everyone we had passed had nodded their head down slightly when they looked at us.

"Hi, I'm Sandy.", a girl in a bright yellow dress greeted me.

"Did you draw the short stick?"

She turned her head to the side,"What?"

"Nobody has talked to me since I got here."

She laughed," Don't mind them. They're just curious, no one knew Lenny had a niece. Plus, you walked in with them.", she pointed at Shane and Brian.

"So, they're my friends."

"They're just being stupid."

Sandy was a nice girl. I found out that she was the girl from the party's sister. She said that her sister didn't like me much. She was one of Annabelle's close friends and didn't like that I just got here and we were already close. I didn't get why it was such a big deal.

Was Annabelle not allowed to have new friends?

For the rest of the party Sandy and I got to know each other more.Eventually, people came up to me to talk. Which made me happy because I was starting to think my uncle banned people from talking to me. That, or I smelled. I really hope I didn't. I hadn't really spent much time with the boys while I was talking to Sandy.

I didn't even realize I hadn't seen them either. It made me feel like a bad friend.

" I got you a drink.",Shane voiced from behind me.

"Took you long enough."

" I forgot..."

I turned around to see what had made him stop," What's wrong?"

"Huh?"

I looked back at Sandy who was staring at Shane. Both of them stayed silent and still. I didn't know what was wrong with them, but it was starting to freak me out. I even waved my hands in front of their faces and they still didn't move. What ever it was they were going to have to figure it out on their own.

It was too creepy for me.

" I'm leaving.", I announced to deaf ears.

Trying to find my uncle was harder than I thought it would be. There were many old guys here, but none of them were him. He wasn't with the group of adults that were standing by the door either. How could he not show up to his own party? Did he not want to see me?