Chapter 20: A change of heart

The walls were wrecked with titan forces- Aa-a-a-agh Aa-a-a-agh

Stop the titans from advancing- Aa-a-a-agh Aa-a-a-agh

Now we need our 3 D M G- Aa-a-a-agh!

Look, the blood pours out through the streets- Aa-a-a-agh~~

(This was sung in the tune of Deck the Halls.)

LoL Sorry for all that, it was just amusing to sing along so i shared the first verse with you! Now, onto the chapter!

~Grace

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter 20: A change of Heart

LUCY'S POV

I couldn't stop myself from spilling out the words. Sting stood, frozen in his tracks like an iceberg, probably thinking about what i just said. I could not believe myself either. Yes, Sting and i were not on best terms but....he's the only one who can MURDER AND EXTERMINATE that spirit. Ah. I probably sounded harsh.

"Lucy.....No problem, i will guarantee that you will be happy after this." he said, cracking his knuckles. An overlooming shadow crept near me as Spirit King bent over.

"I'm glad i got here in time." he huffed.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well i wanted to see the action for myself, of course." he replied, giving me a disapproving look at my oblivious thoughts.

"I can't believe the lad, jumping in like that without inviting me. Oh well, i'll have to protect you then, Blondie." complained D-Sting, as he rolled near me. Everyone watched on as a human and spirit fought, magic clashing and flying like dust everywhere.

"That girl is corrupt. While she caught me by surprise and locked me in the space between the Spirit World and Earthland, i could see how mentally ill she was." explained Spirit King.

"Do you think i made a mistake? In making that promise with her? It's my fault." i mumbled. A reassuring hand was placed on my shoulder.

"Lucy, what do you see right now?" asked D-Sting.

"I see Sting and the girl going at it." i replied.

"Exactly. He's fighting for you. Do you think, even if you never met this spirit, Sting would never fight for you? I wouldn't say that. Sting would find someway to protect you. Even as you are no longer together, he doesn't care, and he still loves you although he did wrong." said D-Sting.

Great. Another guy who thinks i should get back together with Sting. I don't want to.....well.....i lied, truth is, i want to but i can't because he did terrible things. I want to be held by him again, i want to walk with him again, but i can't.

"You're adorable when you say that, Blondie!" yelled a voice, as Sting glanced at me.

"Eh?"

"You spoke out loud. Quite Sting-like." laughed Spirit King. Everyone was so carefree, like they knew he was going to win.

"Thank you....i'm such an idiot...." i said, as i watched the female spirit get pounded into nothing. He's strong. Stronger than before.

Guilt built around my heart for being mean to Sting, huh, i probably sound confused.

"LUCY!" Called Sting. Hmph, he used my right name.

"Yeah?"

"Watch me. Watch me give her one last hit, and when i do, you're free." He said, jumping high in the air as magic swirled around his right hand. He brought it right back, ready to swing at the girl's face.