Chapter 16: Ruined memories

.................HEY!!

For some strange reason, i am excited. But i think that's because i left such a chapter. Anyways, even though that happened, i know you guys will still read on. Ya?

~Grace

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter 16: Ruined memories

STING'S POV

As the words tumbled out my mouth, i looked at her with such depressing eyes. A great gust of wind mixed with the rain, sending her soaked hair flying. Silence fell around us. She had nothing to say, confused as she was.

"Did you hear me?" i asked her.

"I.....what do you mean you're dead..?" she asked nervously.

"I'm glad i calmed you down. You wouldn't believe me if i explain to you....should i still?" i asked her. She glanced at the rain, looking up at the sky.

"It's not like i have anything to lose...."

"Simply put, when that bitch....uh, sorry, when that girl stabbed me, it was obvious she used a celestial enhanced sword. But...i did my research." i started. Her expression sullied. Great. Now the atmopshere is all moody.

"Continue."

"In the research...uh.....that sword, as soon as it comes into contact with someone, it will infect them. In other words, once she stabbed me, i was going to die even though i was given help with my wound." i said, "So....do you understand?"

She didn't reply. She took a deep breath, and turned around.

"i understand. Even if you're going to leave me.....i hate you. I'm bringing this up again but you need to know how much i'm hurt! All this time, you kept lying. I don't like it when you lie!" she said, "And now, i am going to lose you forever."

I clenched my fists.

"If you hate me now, why did i try so hard to win you back? I'm really sorry Lucy, i really am, but please....don't....don't say that you don't want me again. If you say that, i'll....i will crumble. I know, i sound pathetic asking for chances all the time. I can't be excused forever, but i'm going to go forever....i want to spend my time with you. Maybe, after i die, you can hate me for what i've done....." i said, trying to squeeze my way out and beg for her love.

I knew i messed up. I was at fault, no one else was. Erza, Gray, and everyone else tried to make me do the right thing, i only ignored it. Heck, even the other smart-ass side of me came from a fucking dimension!

I won't be surprised if the other Lucy comes too. But...oh yeah, she can't. She'll fade, i forgot.

"Why did you forget all those things we did together?"

"You forgot, so i left it alone."

"Do you want to remember them now? Or do you want to forget them?" she asked, turning towards me. Her tears had long since dried up, only the rain water ran down her pale face.

"If i forget them, what's the point of even experiencing them?" i asked her, "And why ask all these questions? In the end, i know you won't give me a chance....or two...."

Before she opened her mouth, she shook her head. She was about to talk again, when the unexpected happen.

"God just stop trying to solve the situation! You two are not getting back together any time soon!" exclaimed the one voice i hate the most. Lucy's eyes widened, my shoulders drooped in frustration.

"Why are you here? You're a pain in the ass. Go away." i said harshly. I could see Lucy's hand creep up to her keys.

"That's not going to work, princess. Did you really think i would be hopping around like this, if those golden spirits were aware?" said the other woman, clearly ignoring my wasted effort on my rude comment. Okay then. Fine. It's cool.