CHAPTER 16

DANIEL'S POV

I am loosing my shit!

I have never wanted a girl before, by that I mean before the girl Celine Carter came into my life. I am used to girls falling at me, but her she is different. I am not myself when I am with her, I loose control.
Heck! I almost kissed her. The way she looks at me, her stutterings, everything about her is fascinating.

Not to forget the look she had when Gabby hugged me. It was jealous, I could sense it from miles away.
But I am still in denial. If it was some random girl I would have just brushed it off, but Celine..it made me think over and over again.
What if I had kissed her? Would she kiss me back?or just slap my face and run away? No! That's the last thing I would want her to do.

See again. Why does it matter if she doesn't like me or kiss me back?
This is not me. I couldn't possibly have feelings for her right?
And I am most definitely not falling for her.
Where did that cone from?
You shouldn't be even thinking about it. Get your shit Daniel. She doesn't deserve you.

Ya, she deserves someone like her, someone who will love her and that person is not me.
But I can't imagine her in some other guys arms, or worst kissing somebody else,  just the thought makes me si angry.

I need to do something, I can't feel like this for her. It's for her sake.
Sighing I picked up my phone and dialed the number that I would last call.

Ring.ring

" Hello, Daniel thought you would never call me. I take it you missed me" she chuckles.

Celine's laughs angelicaly.

" Hello Sandra and no I didn't miss you, I just called to ask would you  accompany me to the party today evening? " I asked in a bored tone.

" Oh!of course Daniel anything for you. We could refresh our memories in bed don't you think? " she asks.

I scoff at the thought.
No thank you.

" Good. Be ready by 7 " I said and cut the phone before she could reply.

I completed my breakfast and did some of my work. I had to do few calls and emails.
It was already lunch time and the doorbell rang. I went to open up.

" Good afternoon.  Here's the suit for you sir" a man handed me the package.

" Thank you " I nodded and shut the door. I walked upto my room and pulled out my suit for the party.

I put it in front of me. I liked it. It was a dark navy blue almost looked like black and had a dark green tie. It matched well with my eyes.

Celine has a good choice and she remembered my eye color.

I smiled. I put the suit in the closet and got back to work. All the time my mind kept running back to Celine wondering what she will be doing.

She is probably at the venue for the last minute preparations.

I was imagining, Celine running around and shouting at the workers.
I chuckled and shook my head.

I guess you'll have to wait till 7 to find out.

..........

CELINE'S POV

" Put some flowers over here " I shouted.

I am currently at the venue for the last minute preparations. Practically running around shouting at everyone.
It was a day off for everyone, well except me. I couldn't sleep last night because, one- I didn't have a dress to wear today and making a excuse for not coming to party was out of option.
Two- my mind kept shifting to the moment I had with Daniel. Was he about to kiss me? If yes, why didn't he? Would I kiss back if he did? And the list goes on. But I didn't want him to regret it, it would have torn me.

By the time everything was done it was already 5, only two hours before the party starts. I wrap up everything and rush back home.

Now coming to the dress, after lots of thinking, pulling my hair out of frustration, yelling dad gave me a dress. He gave me with glistening eyes. I took it from his hand and examined the dress.

" It was your mom's. It was her favorite because I had bought it at our 2 anniversary. She looked so beautiful in this dress. I have kept it safe uptill now and I think it would fit you " Dad said slowly rubbing the fabric.

All I could do was to imagine my mom in this dress and smiling, she was beautiful. I pulled my dad into a hug.

" I love you so much dad " I said feeling my tears at the bay.
He hugs me tightly and pats my back
" I love you too sweety now stop crying and try this dress. Your running late now" he chuckles.

I immediately run into the bathroom and put on the dress. I stand in front of the mirror with my mouth in awe.
The dress fitted me so well. it was a bit tight so my curves looked very nice. I turned around and saw that the dress was backless. All in all I looked pretty, elegant and I loved it.

I decided to leave my hair open, brushing it properly and pinned few strands up. I did my own make up.

That's if you know how to do one properly.

I put my favorite dark red lipstick, mascara and put my gold bracelet that dad gifted me.
I settled on wearing my black pumps.
The dress is long, who's going to notice it.

My dad smiled proudly as he saw me.
A tear rolled down his cheek.
" You look just like her. Pretty and elegant. She would be proud of you " he said.

" I hope that to. Well no wonder this is her favorite dress, you've got a good choice dad. I may take you shopping with me" I said which made dad laugh.

" Of course I am the best right? Now go you'll get late" he said and pushed me out.

Chuckling I gave him a  kiss on his cheek and said bye.
" You will surely turn heads today, should I be worried? " He said teasingly.
" Dad!" I exclaimed. He started laughing.

" Have fun sweetie " Dad waved at me.

" I will " I sat in the cab and we took of.

I was excited as well as nervous.
I hope he will like the party.

***********