CHAPTER 2

DANIEL'S POV

After a very long time and when I say it I mean very long time that I have slept so deeply that I think I am dreaming. I have always been a light sleeper and now if you are managing a multi-millionaire company, it is just a cherry on the cake.
Not to brag or something but yes I have put my everything, I have worked very hard to build this company and to bring it on the top. This has been my dream since I was kid and learnt that you are nothing if you don't have money in your hands. That's why I work so much and now I am one of the richest self made millionaire in the world, and the most eligible bachelor in New York.
And just as I was saying that I had the best sleep...I am suddenly woken by an irritating voice,
"Wake up.. Wakey Wakey..Danny boy" said the voice.

" go away " I muttered and shove my face into the pillow.
All of a sudden my blanket was ripped from me as well as my pillow.

" WHAT THE HELL" I shrieked.
I was just met with a loud roars of laughter. I opened my eyes to see the culprit..

" What the hell are you doing in my house and may I add this early morning " I shouted at him.

" Oh my god, you should have seen your face. Danny boy is grumpy today" he said trying to suppress his laughter..

" you are very very lucky that you are
my best friend otherwise you would be laying on some filthy road by now"
I stated as I got up from my bed and poured myself a glass of water.

" May I ask what good deed I have done that you decided to show me your ugly face this early" I asked as he made himself comfortable on my bed.

" You might want to say thank you to this ugly face for reminding you that we have a meeting with the Russian investors in about an hour and you are still in your bed" he deadpaned.

Oh shoot!! He is going to tease me the whole day now..ugh!

" Who said I forgot?" I said and made my way to the bathroom not wanting to listen to his laughter as he mimicked me..

By the way that's Nate Donovan. Well he is my childhood best friend, we practically grew up together, we were the partners in crime.
We always had this dream of owning our own companies when we grew up together. Yes he is also my business partner and we together own H and D CO..
Well he is nothing like me, he is very friendly, and he is the only person to whom I mend my ways, but that doesn't stop me for snapping at him for his behavior like the stunt he pulled few minutes ago..
And the same goes for him to,he may look handsome and easy to go guy,but you might not want to pass him off when it comes to business. He can be a handful at those times. Well they say looks can be deceiving..

"Look who's saying.. " my inner self mocked me.

I laughed at myself and got ready in my customized three piece navy blue suit,jelled my hair and came out to find Nate vigorously typing on his phone.
He looked up as he heard the door close, stood up straightened his suit asked both made way to kitchen.

He is handsome.. Though I will never accept it in front of him..

We had our breakfast with a quick discussion of the details of today's deal. This was an important deal, once we have this deal I will have my own restaurant that I have always wanted. Our companies own many properties like sites, factories, clubs,and now my own chain of restaurants.

I will have this deal. Nobody can stop me..

I took my own car since Nate had brought his own. The drive to the company was about 15 minutes, I got out of my car, entered the lobby and waited until Nate came up..
I was continously been greeted which I just dismissed with a nod. Well I don't show any emotions on my face when I am working..

like you have those..I thought..

Agreed I am not the easiest person to work with, one mistake and you are fired, chances are something you seldom get here.
I mean I just didn't make up till the top if I didn't have trusted and good employees. I know that I should give some credits to my employees for which I am truly grateful but I just don't want them to take me as easy to go boss.
Nate came in, in about 5 min later and he was too greeted. We walk till the private elevator and discuss about the meeting..
We reached my floor that is the top most floor which is apparently the 10 th floor and was greeted by Ms Stacy who was apparently laughing over something on the phone.she was so engrossed that she didn't even notice me.
I cleared my throat which startled her as she sprang off her chair and start adjusting herself. I shot a quick glare to Nate who was busy giggling and turned my attention to my receptionist.

" I do not tolerate tardiness Ms Stacy, you might want to control your laughter when you are at work or I may just sieze those gadgets or simply put you out of the building " I said while glaring at her.

She flushed with embarrassment " I am so sorry Mr Harper this won't happen again "

I need a damn PA now

" It better not happen again. Inform me when the investors come and I hope the conference room is already set up"

" Y..Yes sir I have ready for you" she said looking down.

I was about to turn around when an idea flashed " Ms Stacy I want you to inform the newspapers that H and D Co are hiring assistants. Put in the necessary details which I hope you are aware of and set the interviews by 8 am tomorrow. Clear "

She almost looked shocked by my revelation since I had a PA months ago." O..Ok sir I'll contact the newspaper's now" she responded.

" Now that's what I like to hear."
I made my way to my office pulled the blind and looked at the city below me.
Now let's go make a deal..

**********