CHAPTER 1

CELINE'S POV

"Dad!!"I called out for him for the nth time..where is he? Ugh!
I quickly put off the stove,served the pancakes in two plates and came out of the kitchen. I checked for him in his room,but he was not there. Where is he? Maybe gone for a walk.

I was about to start eating when I heard a noise almost like a razor. I got up and followed the sound.it was coming from the back yard. Then I see him crouched on the ground with a cutter in his hand,softly humming to the song he was listening through the ear phone. No wonder why he didn't hear me yelling.
But wait when did start gardening? The last he did was years ago when she left..

" Dad" I called. He turned around to face me,I could say he was not expecting me here.

" hey baby,your up early today." he said smiling and leaned to kiss me on my cheeks. A smile lit up my face, I'll never get tired to love this man even when he is ageing, he still looks handsome.

" I have to go early today.gotta cover up for max,apparently he has a date today.when did you start gardening?" he nodded then simply shrugged at my question, almost sadly he smiled and said
" these babies needed me,I can't just leave them like this, and also you don't let me work so instead of sitting the whole day on that old couch, why keep myself busy with them?" I smiled knowingly

" oh come on dad you can do whatever you want, I just asked. I love you and I will always support you.." I smiled and tugged him with me. " now go freshen up, I have the breakfast ready.i will have to leave or I will be late"

" alright, alright I will have. Have nice day. Love you sweetie " he said and walked me till the front door.

I quickly said bye and headed off to work. Though my pay is nice enough to pay bills, I don't have a car. I am actually saving for it.i reached the bus stop, about ten minutes later my bus arrived and I headed towards the cafe.
................

I reached cafe "Blueberry's", the is owned by a couple Mr and Mrs Morgan, they are quite a lovely couple and not to brag or something but yes I am their favorite employee. I usually have evening shifts but today as I have to cover up for max I had to come by 10 am.
I entered the cafe and I was immediately hit by the smell of coffee beans. As usual Mrs Morgan was at the counter, she looked up as the bell chimed, immediately smiled and greeted me
" good morning Celine . Thank you so much for covering up today"..

" morning Mrs Morgan. It's no big deal " I responded and went to get changed.

As I came back it was almost the peak hours and the cafe was almost crowded. With a huge sigh I picked up my notepad and pen to start taking orders.
After hours of walking back and forth, the buzz died down. I swear my heels were throbbing by all the running. Mrs Morgan allowed me to take a break and said she will manage if there were any customers. I thanked her and made myself a cappuccino and headed out for some air. I spotted a unoccupied bench and took a seat.
The view was so beautiful, with the bird chirping, there were kids running around, a group of ladies with their babies all laughing. It was really a great view to see and I am so going to paint all this.
Yes, I love painting, I usually paint everything from my memory hardly any realistic things. My painting are almost everything that I wish in this world, for me, for my dad. I try to express myself through my painting. They are the only things that are keeping me sane from past few years.

All of these thoughts haulted as something just slapped itself on my face. I frowned and removed the piece of paper off my face and was about to throw it when the wordings caught my attention.
" H and D Co are hiring a assistant, interested candidates can contact the number mentioned below. You are required to have your resume, Id at the day of interview. Further details can be obtained through the email mentioned below. Thank you."
Wow it was almost like the fate was mocking me or something, don't get me wrong I know that I should be working somewhere else and have tried but was unsuccessful.

One last time won't hurt Celine, besides what if you get the job..there's nothing wrong in trying right?

With that thought I folded the pamphlet and tucked it in my pocket. I headed back to the cafe,completed the rest of my shift and made my way back to home.
............

By the time I reached home it was almost 5:30 pm. Dad had left a note on the fridge saying he is at his friend's and won't be back by tomorrow.

Sighing I made my way to bedroom, quickly stripping out of my clothes I entered the shower. Then the thought of the job interview came through my mind. I quickly pulled my oversized hoodie and sat on my bed with my phone and the pamphlet.
You can do this Celine ,just dial and get the details.
I dialed the number and held the phone to my ear.

A voice came after the fourth ring " H and D Co, what can I help you with".

" Uhmm..hey good evening my names Celine Carter, and I umm called to ask about the interview. It is for the position of the assistant right?" I could literally hear my heart beating so fast as I waited for the lady to speak.

" It is. I take it you are interested, bring your resume,Id etc. Be here tomorrow by 8:00 am sharp, you won't get into the interview if you are late. And oh please come in full formal clothing and I will be glad not to welcome whores. ok?"

Well that was rude and straight forward...

" oh..ok. I'll be there. thank you" I said
She immediately disconnected the call.

Well guess we are attending another interview Celine , get ready to get rejected. Hahaha..

I set my alarm for 6:30 am and quickly texted my dad and called it a night.

*********

Heyy guys!

This is my first story on wattpad. Maynot be the best but I have put my all into it.

Please vote and comment.

Thank you.
Happy reading....