Into the Woods

(Peeta POV)
It's getting a little late and I'm starting to get worried about Katniss and her father. I don't know much about hunting, but I don't think you are ever out as late as they are.
"When do you think they'll be back?" I ask Mrs. Everdeen who is holding Willow.
"I don't know, they've never been out this late" she comes and sits by me. I start to get very anxious and worried.
"I'm going to go look for them," I say. I give Sophie to her and get a jacket and a flashlight and start towards the woods.
"Katniss! Mr. Everdeen! Are you guys Okay!?" I get nothing so I start to go deeper into the woods. I hear footsteps in the woods and I look all around me.
"Who's there?" I take my knife out of my pocket and flip the blade out.
"Katniss, is that you?" No answer.
Before I know it someone has leaped out behind a tree and tackled me. They scrape my forehead with a knife and realization hits me. I flip us over and I'm on top.
"What did you do to them?" My knife is so close to this persons face. I notice they are wearing a masks that looks a lot like Delly.
"I gave them a little taste of what's coming" the voice sounds like a women's. They take my wrist and twist it all the way around, I hear a crack in my wrist. they let go of my wrist making me drive my knife down towards her face, but it just misses her. She rolls out from underneath me and sprints off into the distance, now is a time to panic. I start sprinting through the woods, ignoring the pain in my wrist, trying to find Katniss and Mr. Everdeen.
"Katniss, please answer me!" I feel something grab at my ankle and I jump. I look down to see Mr. Everdeen barely awake.
"Oh my god" I help him up into a sitting position.
"I'm okay, Peeta. Help Katniss." he points over to a limp body. I crawl over to her and shake her.
"Come on Katniss wake up" I check for a pulse and she is barely alive.
"Do you think you can get home and call an ambulance" I look over my shoulder at him.
He nods, "I can try," then he takes off running but he it's like he is drunk and he can't walk in a straight line. I pick Katniss up and start back to the house.
"Katniss, please wake up" I say as i walk dizzily back to the house. She doesn't move a muscle.
I get to the outskirts of the woods and I see an ambulance headed this way. They rush up to me and take Katniss out of my arms. I get in the ambulance with them and look at Katniss.
"Please, please tell me she is going to be okay" I start crying when one of the doctors starts preforming CPR on her.
I start rocking back and forth, "Don't let her die" I say to the doctor. The other doctor looks at me. She puts a hand on my shoulder to help calm me.
"She's going to be okay, but you need to calm down and tell me her name."
"Her name is Katniss Mellark," I say as best as I can.
"And yours sir?"
"Peeta Mellark" I take Katniss' cold hand and kiss it.
"Look up at me" I look up at the doctor and she starts putting a bandage on my head. She also puts a cast on my arm.
"she's alive" my head snaps up making me dizzy, but that doesn't stop me.
"When will she wake up?" I ask.
"Well we are going to need to do some stitching to her head, so maybe in 3 hours.
We get to the hospital and they wheel Katniss in and start on her head immediately. Mr. Everdeen is up and walking on his own. I run up to Mrs. Everdeen and help get the girls out of the car.
"I've got them both," I say. She nods and they walk inside.
"Mommy is going to be okay" I whisper to them.
They tell us the room Katniss will be in after surgery and we all go sit in it. Willow is fast asleep while Sophie is up and looking around.
"Do you think she is looking for Kat?" Mrs. Everdeen asks.
I smile and look up at her, "that wouldn't surprise me," I kiss her forehead and lay back.
"Peeta, let me take Sophie. You and Willow need to sleep and it looks like she's going to be up for awhile." she takes her from my arms and walks out of the room.
"What happened to your arm?" I look up at Mr. Everdeen.
"The person who did that to you guys tried to get me too" I hold Willow closer to my chest and she grips my shirt with her tiny hand.
Soon enough Katniss is brought into the room. She wakes up with big eyes and lets out a horrifying scream.
😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
I'm so sorry for all the cliffhangers 😂 I'm not meaning to I'm promise. I'm so excited for this book. I want to update it once a day but it won't be as good then 😭
Please go read my new book Crossed Roads if you haven't already! And if you have thanks!
-Syd