mission

(peeta POV)

"take a right then down the hall, shoot anyone in sight, unless kids, but if they have guns shoot them"

"yes sir" right now we are in the active mission to kill one man unless others are here. I whisper instructions to my fellow soldiers, we do as were told, go right then down the hall, there can be two problems with going down this hall, 1. him or gaurds of his could be standing there armed, meaning they could injure or kills us depending on the type of gun being used, 2. there could be no one but a bomb that blows up when movement is sensed.

"Peet drift back i'll be up front" Thom whispers, i hate how hard he tries to get himself killed.

"right" i drift behind some of the boys, putting me in the middle making me have more of a chance to getting home alive. I here shots being fired so I straighten up to seee Thom shooting and screming.

"GET DOWN GET DOWN" I see two women standing there screaming, these women as to what i'm told are not allowed to speak to us men, without authorization from a male relative. They drop down and Thom shoots the man we've been looking for for so long.

"target is down, i repeat, target is down"

"confirmed dead?" our commander says into my earpiece. I walk up to our mission, then put my index and middle finger to his neck to find no pulse.

"confirmed dead"

"alright mission succeeded go on back to h1 and we'll be on our way" i smile bright.

"yes-" thats when i hear a ton of bullets go off, thats when i realize were under seize and my chances of going home dead have just went up by a lot.

"TAKE COVER" I don't take cover, shock has waved through my body like a massive tidal wave, causing me stand where my feet have been planted, while the bullets come raining down.

"PEETA GET DOWN" i hear footsteps coming toward me, before i know it im being tackled to the ground by Thom who is protecting my body while bullets pound into his back, he screams out in agony.

"THOM!!! NO!!" his eyes roll into the back of his head, while his body lays limp on top of me shielding my body from the down pour of bullets. I look at my other brothers to see two others lay limp, dead, they are York and Brutus.

"NOOO DON"T LEAVE"" i'm sobbing my vision has blurred by the tears that continue falling out of my eyes, i have no cotrol of my water works at this point. I hear more footsteps then people from the US rush in a grab those including me alive and rush us back into the helicopter.

"NO WE CAN'T LEAVE THEM" I scream, trying my best to get out of one of the helicopter mens grasp.

"WE HAVE TO PEETA THEY'RE DEAD WE COULDN'T SAVE THEM I'M SORRY" i stand there looking out the helicopter with horror written all over my face. I sit back still in shock, it hasn't left me, i'm scared it never will.

"Peeta?" i look at Jackson who is smiling.

"you get to go home bud you get to see Katniss and you get to be with your baby" i just let that sink in and a sort of smile pops onto my face.

"i do, don't i?"

"yeah you don't have to stay here you get to go home"

-4 hours later-

we return to base, right when i step off the plane doctors rush up to me, checking everything.

"he's okay, just in shock, come on Peeta we'll get you inside and mentally healed up" i nod.

the doctor pulls me into a room where i see .Dr. Aurelius He gives me a small smile then motions me to sit.

"how'd it go son?"

"i-i-i am scared"

"don't worry bud were gonna get you back to normal then send you back home safely to Katniss"

"sounds g-g-great"

"Peeta i know your not up to telling me this but you've got to tell me what hapened, you can take it slow but you've got to tell me so i can help you"

"okay" i start explaing, through tears, sobs,and flashbbacks, i explain it all from start to finish.

"peeta you've been through a lot, were gonna do some eays things to get your mind off of this okay?" i nod.

"who do you love with all your heart"

"Katniss"

"who makes you very happy"

"Katniss"

"what is the best thing that has happened to you"

"marrying Katniss" he chuckles.

"anything other than Katniss?"

"my baby, Rue,my friends, Chopper"

"do you want to go home?"

"yes very much"

"do you want to talk to Katniss?"

"yes"

"peeta i'm already seeing imporvements in this, your studdering: gone, theres a smile on your face, hope in your eyes. Your getting better"

"i need her"

"i know you do, were going to keep you for a little bit i dont know how long yet but not long i promise, you can skype and call Katniss"

"okay"

"would you like to go talk to her?"

"yeah"

"alright here's the phone

🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭
it's a miracle i updated, i've been really really busy with finals.
anyway hope ya'll who celebrate memorial day had a good one 😀🇺🇸🇺🇸

-syd