the call

(peeta POV)

I take a deep breath then start dialing her number, but Dr.Aurelius stops me.

"Peeta let me speak to her first okay?"

"okay" i hand him the phone, then sit in a chair very impatentily while he calls Katniss.

(katniss POV)

my cell phone starts ringing showing an unknown number pop up on the lock screen, i'm in no mood to pick it up, so Johanna takes it off the counter and answers.

"um Katniss you might want to take this"

"no"

"Katniss it's Dr. Aurelius"

"he is just going to tell me to cheer up"

"Katniss this is way different, it's about Peeta" immediately i get up and snatch the phone from Johannas hand.

"hello?"

"hello Katniss how are you doing?" i completly ignore his question, i'm more worried about Peeta then i'll ever be with my doings.

"Peeta" is all i say.

"Katniss he's here alive sitting right next to me, there are some things i want you to know"

"like?"

"well the mission was good but Peeta saw some very traumatizing things during the mission"

"like what?"

"it's something that i'm not comfortable with reapeating, anyway Peeta is very scared anything loud or just slight movement to him scares him he gets flashbacks at random times and it's hard to get him out of them, he's very paranoid right now and he's not his usual happy bright self, i''m going to let you talk to him but you have to take it easy don't freak out that your talking to him or anything just be calm, i have helped him out a little and he's a bit better than what he was when he got back so just please be careful"

"i will just let me speak to him"

"okay here he is" tears start flowing down my eyes, i haven't even heard his voice yet but just the thought of hearing him makes me want to leap for joy.

"Katniss?"

"hey baby i'm so happy to hear your voice"

"it's good to hear yours too" he sounds so scared.

"Peeta i know you're not home yet but i think a little good news might help now"

"okay what's it about?"

"me being pregnant"

"tell me" he didn't say it forecfully he said it with happiness in his voice, i can imagine him bouncing in his seat with his eyes wide and a huge simle on his face.

"well my first appointment didn't go as i expected"

"what do you mean?" his voice changed tones, to concerned.

"well it's not one baby Peeta"

confused

"what?"

"were going to be having twins Peeta"

extremly happy

"oh my god twins? TWINS, IM GOING TO BE A DADDY OF TWINS, TWO NOT JUST ONE BUT TWO IT'S A PACKAGE DEAL OH MY GOD TWINS, YOIR GOING TO BE A TWINS MOMMY WE CAN MATCH THEM IN TWINNING OUTFITS OH MY GOD TWINS" i'm crying tears of joy right now , he's so happy and that's all i have ever wanted him to be since he left, was happy.

"I HOPE THEY'RE GIRLS SO THEY CAN BE DADDY'S LITTLE GIRLS AND THEY ARE GOING TO LOOK EXACTLY LIKE YOU KATNISS WITH THE SOFT CURLY BROWN HAIR THAT I JUST LOVE SO MUCH AND THOSE MAGNIFICANT GRAY EYES THAT PUT ME IN A TRANCE IT'LL BE SO CUTE AND I'LL SHOW THEM OFF TO ALL OF OUR FRIENDS AND TWINS!!!!" i smile a huge smile, it feels so foreign for me to smile since i haven't done it in a while.

"exactly Peeta you just need to come home baby and all that can happen, i can't promise you two little girs but we will try"

"if they aren't girls or there is just one i will still love them with all my heart"

"Peeta i love you so much i can't even put it into words"

"i love you more than that Katniss and i'll see you in a few days i promise you"

"i'll hold onto that promise until it comes true"

"i love you and our beautiful babies" he says

"i Love you and our beautiful babies love you too"

"bye baby i'm going to let Dr.Aurelius talk to you again"

"okay" I can tell he doesn't want to get off the phone with me but he has too. i hear a bit of rustling then i hear Dr. Aurelius

"Katniss what you said to him was amazing his face lit up like he didn't even see what he saw on the mission, every emotion that was negative left him right when he heard your voice, now i know what his cure is"

"what is his cure?" i'm confused on where he is going with this.

"YOU, you're his cure, Katniss whenever he talks to you all he feels is love. I have never seen this before but i know that this is pure love he is madly in love with you, he would drop anything to do anything for you or be with you, weather that's emotions or physical things"

"me?!"

"yes you who else?"

"i don't know, i'm just surprised is all"

"well i'd love to say more but i have to go now"

"okay bye will i be able to talk to Peeta more"

"of course"

i hang up and face Johanna with a huge smile on my face, i'm can't control my happiness i've been in a long time all i needed was to know that Peeta was okay and safe back at base where he couldn't get injured.

"is he okay?"

"very okay" Jo hugs me.

"i'm so glad you're happy again i've missed the old you"

"me too"

now i just have to be nervous for his arrival because with his state you never know what could happen.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
sorry it's short but aww they "meet" again.
anyway i'm sad ): my dad was supposed to get me COHF and TFIOS because some bitch stole mycopy of TFIOS but he came back from the store with out it and had oreos...here's the thing i don't like oreos
but yeah you'll be seeing a lot more updates since i have officially started summerbreak and am now a freshman YAYAYA i hated 8th grade well except for getting closer to friends, anyway hope you have a good weekend (:

-syd