Chapter 1: Unfortunate Beginning

Quinn POV

He came home with Momma. They had a lot to drink. I hid under the table. I don't want them to find me. I'm scared. They found me. He drags me out from under the table. I try to run away. Momma kicks me. 

"You worthless piece of crap! You ruined my life!" Momma shouts to me.

He throws me to the ground. I hit my head. It hurts. It hurts so bad I scream and cry. I want to go away. I don't want to hurt. 

"No one will love you!" He yells in my face as he slaps me. He takes of his dirty pants. Oh no. I try to run but He grabs me. I close my mouth. I don't want to do that. He pinches my nose so I can't breathe. I try to keep my mouth closed, but I need to breathe. I don't want to die.

"Why don't you just go and die. No one will miss you anyway." Momma says to me. 

                        ***

I lie on the floor. It is cold. He took my clothes of. I cry. He is asleep with Momma on the couch. A green, yucky couch. I sit up. Momma told me to die. I don't want to. I want to go away. I crawl to my dirty clothes and put them on. I am hungry. I go to the fridge. It is empty. I find some bread in the cupboard. I eat some. I find my shoes and put them on I take another piece of bread and open the door. I leave. I don't want to die.

I walk through the woods, holding onto my bread. I walk for a long time. I get hungry so I eat my bread. I walk out of the woods and see a road. I follow it. Soon I find shops and houses and lots of cars. I find a bench under a lamp and decide to sit on it. I'm hungry and tired. I can't go to sleep. I'm scared. I'm cold too. 

I look at the shops. Maybe I can get some food from the shop. No. They would probably hurt me like Momma and Him

***

It starts to rain a lot. It is dark. I'm shivering. Maybe I will die. Maybe of cold. Maybe of thirst. Maybe of hunger. Maybe of that big man walking towards me. 

Wait what? A big man walking towards me. Oh no. He will hurt me. I start to cry. He is right in front of me. I cover my face with my hands. I wait for the blow but it doesn't come. I move my hands. The man is crouching in front of me. I look at him, scared. He reaches up to touch my face and I move slightly. I think it's called flinching. He looks at me, narrowing his eyes. Oh no. He didn't like me flinching. He's going to hurt me now. 

"Hey kiddo, where are your parents?" He asks, quietly and softly. Not loudly and harshly like He talked. I didn't want to get hurt. Parents are Mommas and Daddies, right? My Momma is in the house with Him. I'll tell the big man that.

"I ran away. They give lots bruises alllll the time." I whispered. He looks at me with something that I never saw in anyone's eyes. 

"What's your name, sweetheart?" The big man asks. I look at him. What is a sweetheart? I never heard of one, but he called me that, so I guess I am a sweetheart. He asked what my name is. When Momma didn't drink and was happy, she'd call me Quinn. That is my name. I'll tell him that.

"Quinn." 

"Well, Quinn, I'm sure you're hungry, come with me and I'll give you something to eat." The big man smiles at me and holds out his hand. He will probably hurt me if I go with him. He looks bigger than Him, but I am hungry. Maybe I can run away before he touches me. I take his hand, and we walk towards the car.

Sam POV

I'm driving home from work in the evening. It is pouring; a perfect weather for a horror movie marathon. I decide to buy some chips and coke in the nearby shop, so I park in front of it. After buying the snacks I run back to the car and get in. I'm about to drive off, when I see a small figure sitting on a bench. I figure it's a child. I decide to see why it's alone.