Chapter 8: Amusement Park (Part 2)

(Sam's POV)

"Austin, no!" I snap at him for the fifth time.

"It's tradition!" He snaps back. 

"It's too big of a ride for Quinn!" I yell, and see Quinn flinch from my voice. I turn to her and hug her tightly. "It's okay, Austin is just being annoying." I say gently. Austin wants to go on the King Roller Coaster. It's the biggest and highest roller coaster in the world. 495 feet high, and 2.5km long. It goes really as fast as 245km/h. Austin and I go on the ride every time we come to the park, but obviously this time I can't.

"Sam, go. I'm going to take Quinn and Kaden on a carousel." Emma looks at me. I look at her and contemplate for a minute. Will I be able to go on the ride? Yes. Will Quinn have fun? Yes. Will Quinn get hurt? She could. What if she falls? I shake my head.

"What if she gets hurt?" I ask. Emma rolls her eyes, along with Austin and my parents. 

"What could possibly happen in the few minutes you're not next to her?" Austin asks.

"She could fall over, she could fall of the horse, she could feel dizzy, she could-" I ramble.

"Okay shut up! Its a few minutes! Nothing will happen" Austin yells. He takes Quinn from my arms and puts her on the ground. "Go on, Quinnie. Go with Emma and Kaden. You can ride a plastic horse." He tells her. She looks at me, seeking permission. I sigh and nod, kneeling in front of her and kissing her forehead.

"I'll be back in a few minutes, ok? Have fun with Kaden." I tell her and she nods. I give Emma Quinn's ticket and she holds out her hand for Quinn. Quinn takes it and walks off. As soon as she's gone, Austin drags me towards the King Roller Coaster. I shake his hand off of my shirt and turn around, slapping his chest and running off towards the ride. He chases after me and we run until we get there. 

We get on the ride and wait for it to start. 

(Quinn POV)

I hold Kaden's Mommy's hand and walk next to her. Kaden is holding her other hand and is pulling forward, which annoys his Mommy. 

We get to a big round carousel. It's like the one in the park but bigger and has horses and carriages instead of seats. Kaden's Mommy scan Mine and Kaden's piece of paper and Kaden drags me on the carousel. 

"Do you wanna go on the horse or the carriage?" He asks. I think and point at a horse. He drags me to two horses, one white and one black, and shows me how to get on. After I get on the white one, he gets on the one next to me. "You hold onto those so you don't fall" He says and points to two sticks that stick out of the horse's head. I hold on and the carousel starts moving. It goes round in a circle and the hhorses go up and down. You don't even have to push! I laugh and hold on to the horse. 

I look down on the horse's neck and see some letters. I look at Kaden. "What are those?" I ask and point. He looks  at it for a while and then looks up at me.

"Storm. That's your horse's name." He says. I giggle and nod.

"Does your horse have a name?" I ask him. He nods.

"It's Prince." he says. 

"Quinn! Kaden! Smile!" I hear Kaden's Mommy yell. She's holding her phone up towards us. I think she's taking a picture. I smile and wave. 

After we stop moving, Kaden gets off his horse and I get off mine. We run towards his Mommy, who is waiting for us. She smiles at us, "Was it fun?" she asks. We both nod quickly. When we walk away a little, I see Sam walking towards us. I want to run to him but Kaden's Mommy stops me. "If you run to him, he'll go crazy because you'd be alone." she tells me. I nod and wait for him to get there.

Once he's close enough, I'm allowed to run to him. He picks me up and kisses my cheek. "Was it fun?" He asks. I nod and wrap my arms around his neck.

"My horse had a name, Kaden's horse had one too. Mine was Storm and his was Prince. I liked it!" I say, he smiles and nods. "Where's Austin and your Mommy and Daddy?" I ask, not seeing them  anywhere. 

"They're behind me, somewhere. They're walking slow. " Sam says. He walks up to Kaden and his Mommy.

"See? She's not hurt." Emma says. Sam rolls his eyes.

"Shut up."

We walk around a bit, going on different rides. Sam even buys me a pink cloud to eat. It's really sweet and yummy. I like it a lot. Kaden has some too. He eats it really fast and gets his whole face dirty. I only have my hands dirty because I rip pieces off instead biting. 

After we walk around for a looong time, we go back to the cars. My feet are really tired so Sam picks me up. When we get to the car, he puts me in my seat. 

Once everybody is in the car, he start driving. He drives to a McDonald's. I remember eating there when we bought my clothes. He doesn't park the car, but asks Austin and Kaden's Mommy what they want. They tell him and he drives to a big box that talks. 

"Hello, can I take your order." the box says.

"Yea, uhhh, can I get 2 Happy Meals, each with a cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, an apple juice in one and orange juice in the other, Any toy in each."

"2 Happy meals, anything else?" The box asks again. 

"Yep, A bacon double cheeseburger with medium fries and a medium coke; then two Big Mac's, each with large fries and a large coke." Sam says. 

"Got it, anything else?" 

"That's it, thanks." Sam answers. He drives further and gets to a window. He gives the lady money and waits for the change. Once he gets it, he drives further. The man in the other window gives him two Happy Meals and Sam gives one to me and one to Kaden. We open mine and his and start eating, whilst we wait for everybody else's food.

I decided to drop the idea of Quote and song of the chapter because my friend said it doesn't make the book in any way better.