(Short) Chapter 25 - Wish

(Quinn's POV)

Uncle Aussie paid me for being his assistant again. We went on a Christening and another wedding. I bought daddy a teddy bear for his birthday with the money. Daddy cried. He was really happy. 

Uncle Aussie and I are at the mall right now. It's nearly Christmas. Santa Claus is sitting near the big tree. Children are sitting on his lap, but I don't know why. "Uncle Aussie?"

"Hmm?" Uncle Aussie looks down at me.

"Why are they sitting on Santa Claus?" I ask.

"They're telling him what they want for Christmas. You can too if you want. Go on, I'll take a picture." Uncle Aussie and I walk to Santa Claus. A boy gets off his knee and says bye bye. Then Santa Claus looks at me.

"Do you have a Christmas wish, little girl?" He asks and pats his knee. I look at Uncle Aussie and he nods. I smile and go and sit on Santa Claus' lap. "What's your name, little girl?"

"Quinn." 

"And what is your Christmas wish, Quinn?" He asks.

"I want Daddy to smile lots, and I want his biggest wish to come true." I tell Santa Claus. "Oh and I want a stuffed animal. Can I have all that?" I ask. Uncle Aussie drops his phone, with which he was videoing me.

"Is that your daddy?" Santa Claus asks, pointing to Uncle Aussie. I shake my head.

"Daddy has to work today." I tell him. 

Santa Claus nods and reaches behind his chair. He gives me a stuffed wolf. "Here is your animal. Now, tell me about your daddy." He requests.

I hug the wolf tightly. "I love daddy. Daddy loves me. Daddy gives me lots of kisses and cuddles. He's big and strong."

"And what is his biggest wish?"

"I don't know."

"I think if you are a good girl, he'll be very happy." Santa Claus says. I nod and get off his lap. I smile and say thank you and bye bye. 

Santa Claus waves at me.

Uncle Aussie takes my hand and we walk away. "That was the most beautiful wish I've ever heard." He tells me. I smile and hug him.

"I have another one."

"Oh yeah?"

"I want you to be happy. Because you were sad before." I tell him, thinking about when he came to our house yesterday and cried when him and daddy thought I was asleep.

"I am, Quinnie. I am happy." He ruffles my hair and we go into a toy shop to buy Kaden a present.

I buy Kaden a teddy bear. His name is on it. I want to but something for Uncle Aussie, but I can't. I'll do it when I'm in the mall with daddy tomorrow. I don't want Uncle Aussie to know what I buy him.

I buy a present for daddy, grandad, grandma and Kaden's momma too, and so does Uncle Aussie. He buys one for his momma too. I don't know Uncle Aussie's momma, but I buy her a lamp. Uncle Aussie said that her last one broke.

We leave the mall and go to the grocery store and buy a turkey. Then we go home. Daddy's not there yet, so I wrap his present in pretty paper.

Just in time, before Daddy comes. I run to hug him and he kisses my forehead. "Hello, sweetheart." He hugs me tight.

I know I know! Short chapters lately but the next one will be longer. Pinky promise.

~Trisha Chase xx

Trust Me, Princess (NOT MAFIA RELATED) (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara