Chapter 16: Daddy

(Sam's POV)

"Daddy!" Quinn looks at me. I look down and chuckle. "I have a daddy!" She grins.

"Yes you do, sweetheart." I smile down at her. "And this daddy will never leave you." I promise, hugging her. She hugs me back. 

"Book City!" She demands. I chuckle.

"Well, there goes my distraction." I joke as I pick her up and put her shoes on. We leave the house and take a walk to Book City. 

"You can have whatever," I tell her and watch as she starts running around and looking for something she wants. I stand next to the check out. 

"What's the occasion? Or are you spoiling her again?" The cashier, Jane, asks.

"A good first day of school." I laugh. Quinn comes back with a few coloring books, paints and a thick book. "Let me see the book," I hold my hand out. She hands it to me.

"There you go, daddy." She grins. I ruffle her hair and look at the book. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

I put all the stuff on the counter and wait for Jane to scan them. "35.76" She announces. I swipe my card and we leave.

We get home and see Austin on the couch, eating chips. "Austin!" Quinn runs and hugs him. I place her new stuff on the couch and punch him playfully. He sticks his tongue out at me.

"How was the first day?" He asks Quinn. She sits on his lap and grins.

"Good. Kaden and I played and I drew a picture of me and daddy. Daddy picked me up late and I cried but then we went to books city and I got a new book!" She gets off his lap and runs to get the bag. 

I look at Austin who looks awestruck. "D-daddy?" He asks. I bite my lip and smile. He glares playfully. "Quinnie?"

She sits back on his lap and shows him her book. He grins. "Its really cool. I like that one."

She nods and opens it. "Quinnie?" She looks at him. "If Sam is your daddy now, can I be your uncle?"

She giggles. "Uncle Aussie!" She hugs him. He laughs and wiggles his eyebrows at me. I roll my eyes and turn on TV.

"I met this girl..." Austin starts. I groan.

"Princess, go play in your room." She looks at me and kisses my cheek. 

"Okie." She grabs her things and runs upstairs.

"So I met this girl," Austin starts again, "She's hot." He smirks. I roll my eyes.

"You ever gonna settle down?" I ask.

"I'm nineteen, let me be." He elbows me. I elbow him back. We start wrestling on the couch. "You think you're stronger than me?" He smirks as he's pinning me down.

"I am stronger than you," I kick his crotch lightly. He grimaces and gets off me.

"Low blow. Literally." He chokes out. I laugh and slap his back. "I might settle down one day. Today is not the day." He shrugs.

"Just make sure there isn't a kid that should call you 'daddy'" I warn.

He rolls his eyes. "I'm being careful, dad." 

I shrug. "Just saying."

Quinn runs downstairs. "Quinn what did I tell you about running in the house?" I ask.

"Sorry daddy. I saw Mr. Policeman through the window." She says as someone knocks at the door. I ruffle her hair and go to open it. Officer Gale is standing outside.

"Hope I didn't interrupt anything?" He asks. I shake my head and step aside to let him in. 

"I have news regarding the case." He says. I nod.

"We have located Quinn's biological father. He wants to meet her." He finishes.