Chapter 11: Packing

(Sam's POV)

"Kaden! You ruined my picture!" I turn my head to Quinn and Kaden who are painting at the dining table.

"I'm sorry! I didn't want to!" Kaden apologises. Quinn looks at her picture, her lip quavering slightly. She cocks her head to the side slightly and dips her paintbrush in some blue paint. She starts painting all over her piece of paper. I shrug and turn my attention back to Emma.

"So you just left?" I ask her. She nods and wipes her tears. I bite the inside of my cheek. "Are you sure it wasn't a misunderstanding?"

Emma nods again. "I just don't know what I did wrong. Ever since we married, I tried my best to make him happy, I never asked much of him. I only ever wanted him to love me and Kaden." She sobs. I scoot closer to her and wrap my arms around her, giving her my shoulder to cry on.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Em. He's the asshole for cheating on you. Everything is going to be fine, you're just going to have to learn to move on." I tell her. She takes her head of my shoulder and buries it in her hands, sobbing even more. I sigh and stand up, grabbing her glass and refilling it with water, before passing it to her. She utters a quiet 'thank you' and gulps it down.

"We'll drive there and get all your stuff, and Kaden's, and bring them here. You can stay until you find something for you two." I tell her. She shakes her head.

"No, Sam, I just came here to rant. I can't ask that of you." I roll my eyes and grab my phone and text Austin to come over, after all, Emma needs all the support she can get now.

"It's not up to debate, Emma, I mean, what else are you going to do?" She looks at me and a I can see her try to figure something out. I grab my car keys and beckon Quinn over, putting them in my pocket.

"What, Sam?" She asks.

"Go bring me your hair stuff basket, please." I tell her. She nods and runs upstairs, passing by Kaden, who is now looking at me and his mom. After a few seconds, he stands up and walks over to us, getting into Emma's lap and hugging her. She hugs her son back and wipes her tears.

Quinn brings her basket downstairs and I take some hairties and a hairbrush out of it. I brush her hair into two pigtails and put a blue bow in each. When I'm done, I tell both Kaden and Quinn to put their shoes on. They run off to the door and I stand up, grabbing Emma's hand, pulling her up in the process.

By the time we get to the front door, the kids' shoes are on and Austin is just coming inside. Quinn jumps to him and he picks her up, giving her a hug, before doing the same to Kaden. He then turns to us. He nods at me and walks up to Emma, wrapping his arms around her.

I get the children out the door and Austin and Emma soon follow. "We're gonna get the kids in my car and drive up there. You two will go in Austin's car. That way we can get more stuff in less time." I tell them. They nod and we all get in the cars.

On the way to Emma's old flat, Kaden and Quinn play in the back and I'm focusing on following Austin's car. Soon enough, we reach our destination.

We go up in the elevator and enter the flat. Emma takes out some suitcases and we give one to Kaden and Quinn, instructing them to put as much of Kaden's clothing as they can. We, on the other hand, start packing Emma's stuff.

(Quinn's POV)

We're packing Kaden's clothes to a bag because his momma and daddy don't like each other so they're going to sleep at our house. I don't know why people who don't like each other become mommies and daddies. I think it's silly.

Once he bag is filled in, I go to the other room where Sam is.

"Sam! The bag is full." I tell him. he nods and turns to Kaden's momma

"Are all the clothes in the bag?" She asks. I shake my head and she nods, giving me another bag. "Fill that one too, that should be enough."
I nod and take the bag to Kaden's room.

"Your momma said to fill that one too." I tell him and we get to work.

*****

"-And when all hope was lost, the knight in shining armor showed up and faced the evil wizard, saving the princess from his cruel ways, and him and the princess lived happily ever after." Meriwether finishes her story. Kaden and I are at Meriwether's house, because Sam, Austin and Kaden's Momma need more space in the cars to bring all of Kaden's and his Momma's stuff.

I like Meriwether. She is nice and tells good stories. They're not as good as Sam's, but they're still good. I'm starting to miss Sam. He's been gone since dinner and it's dark now. I hope he comes soon.

What if he doesn't though? What if he left me at Meriwether's because he doesn't want me anymore. But that's not true, because Kaden is here with me, right? RIGHT? I walk up to Meriwether.

"Meriwether, Sam will come back, right?" I ask her. She smiles and nods.

"He just texted me, they're on their way." She tells me. I smile and clap my hands, because I am happy.

Soon, just like Meriwether said, they come and take us back to Sam's house. Austin leaves pretty quickly because he needs to sleep before going to work tomorrow, and Kaden's mommaand Kaden shower, whilst Sam sets uptheir bed in the room that his momma and daddy slept him. It's a room only for guests.

Once Kaden's momma and Kaden have showered, they go to bed, and Sam takes me to the bathroom. He takes off my clothes and stands me in the bathtub,turning the shower on.

"Sam?" I ask, as he's checking the water isn't too hot or too cold.

"Hmm?" He hums in response. Hums. I like that word.

"Why do people that don't like each other become Mommies and Daddies?" I ask him the question from before.

He sighs and wets me with warm water. "Some people just stop loving each other after a while. It happens." He tells me.

"Will you ever stop loving me?" I ask, hoping he says 'no'.

He looks at me, "Of course not," He answers straight away.

"What if I'm bad?" I question. He shakes his head and wets my hair, before grabbing shampoo and washing my hair.

"Nothing will ever stop me from loving you, Princess," He promises, "Will you ever stop loving me?" He asks me this time. I shake my head immediately.

"Never," I tell him. He smiles and rinses my hair, before washing the rest of me, giving me some soap at the end so I can wash on my own, whilst he gets my pajamas.

Once I'm dressed, he brushes my teeth and carries me to my room, where he tucks me in and reads some of the book about a boy named Percy who's daddy is a god.

He then sings me a lullaby and I fall asleep, feeling a kiss placed on my forehead before drifting off.