24

I was dragged along side Zeldris as we headed towards a door. Swinging it open I stared slightly shocked.

"Merlin?"

A small shiver ran down my spine as she looked up at us.

"What happened?" She asked confused.

"Meliodas went assault mode on Estarossa." Zeldris replied nervously.

Merlin tensed up a bit before let out a small sigh.

"Lets get going its best we don't get caught up in this we don't have much time.."

Merlins eyes lit up slightly and her eyes darted towards the wall.

"Perfect Cube!" A large cube shaped barrier formed around all three of us as the wall she was staring at was smashed open.

Meliodas slammed Estarossa through the wall everyones eyes widening in shock as he smashed Estarossas head against the next wall. Meliodas let him go and he slumped down to the ground. His eyes were slammed shut as blood was dripping down his body. He was absolutely drenched in blood. Meliodas facial expression stayed blank as he stared down at his brothers limp body.

"M-Meliodas..." I mumbled.

Walking towards the edge of the box I put my hand against it. My stomach began to turn as I watched Meliodas slowly turn our way. His eyes immediately locked on me as he began to move closer.

I felt an hand wrap around my arm before I was pulled back. I let out a small yelp and watched as Merlin tugged me behind her.

"Hes not the same person right now..." She said glaring back at him.

"I have an idea but I'll need you to distract him..." She whispered lowly.

Meliodas stopped only a few inches away staring in at us. Estarossa still has moved from his spot he was still alive small twitches and movements could be seen here and there but that was about it.

I shook Merlins hand off of me she watched me in confusion as I approached him. My heart rate began to increase and his eyes stayed cold.

"Meliodas.." I called out nervously.

He let out a small grunt causing a shiver to go down at my spine. Merlin was right he seemed to be very dangerous right now. Any big movements could cause him to leap at us like we were prey.

"Meliodas... hey..." I placed my hand against the box and watched his eyes move down staring at my hand.

He brought his own hand up a strange purple colour engulfing it. Both of his hands had the purple aura surrounding it. The purple began to grow and grow and he slammed him hands against the cube. I stumbled back in shock but it did nothing to break the spell. This only made Meliodas angrier his eyes glowing a deeper purple.

"Give back whats mine." His voice was cold as he stared down at me.

His aura growing more powerful by the second.

"Alright..." Merlin replied.

The cube faded away and I stood nervously in front of him. I looked back to see Merlin and Zeldris vanished into thin air. As my eyes slowly returned to him I could feel his piercing gaze on me. I looked down awkwardly as he stood before me.

I watched as the purple on his arms began to slowly fade and he grabbed onto my wrist. I looked up at him in shock. I nervously took a step forward my arms wrapping around his waist as I pulled him into a tight hug. I felt him tense slightly as my face buried into his chest.

"Alright... thats enough now.." He mumbled pushing me away from him.

I felt my heart break slightly and I looked up at him. I was slightly in shock at his words. He had just pushed me away his words were still cold he hadn't relaxed at all. His dangerous aura still lingered but I ignored it as confusion filled my vision.

I tried to take a step closer but he backed away.

"I said thats enough." A shiver ran down my spine at his words and I backed away.

"W-Whats wrong with you...?" I asked feeling like my heart was starting to burn.

I let out a small whimper his facial expression still hadn't changed. I finally got to see him again and the first thing he does is act coldly towards me.

"I—Elizabeth—"

Meliodas words caught in his mouth as a small spark flashed behind him. Merlin appeared from behind him and chanting a few words Meliodas froze shocked. The distraction had worked it seemed he was too preoccupied with me to notice anything else around him. His eyes slowly began to close and open until they finally closed. His body dropped down and his head hit my chest. I let in a sharp breath as my arms wrapped around him.

"Merlin what did you do??"