15

I had left Zeldris room later that day and spent the rest of my time outside by the pool. I noticed Meliodas walking by a window once in awhile a small shiver ran down my spine as our eyes met.

I had been lying down on the chair reading my book for a couple of hours before the sound of footsteps caught my attention. Peaking up from my book I bit down on my lip. Estarossa had appeared with a few girls. While the girls went to go play in the water he pulled up a chair beside me.

Deciding it best to ignore him I turned my focus back on my book. I was unable to focus as the talk with Zeldris still lingered in my mind. What would he do now that I was here? Did he find out anything he shouldn't? Would he talk to me?

I silently prayed in my head for him not to talk to me.

"Wheres your master?"

Goosebumps crawled over my skin as I slowly turned my head to look at him. I nervously shrugged my shoulders before turning back to my book. My heart was racing now and I could still feel his gaze on me.

"Why the hell would he let you roam around do as you please?"

My eyes shifted over to him. He was staring at me with suspicious and hatred. He was definitely trying to figure something out.

"Because hes busy and at the moment I'm not needed." I replied giving him a small smile.

"Well then I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I borrowed you since you're nothing but a toy to him."

The last words struck my heart. A low whimper left my lips as I looked down at the ground. To be honest I wasn't sure what I was to him at this point. He had never specified what exactly but the fact that Estarossa said I was only a toy brought back memories.

"Why would you want me?" I asked nervously.

"Well can't a guy want a beautiful lady?"

I stared at him in shock as he grabbed onto my wrist.

"Whats wrong my dear?" I froze up in his grasp.

It was like complete terror had taken over me. A strange purple aura growing around him as his grip tightened.

"Lets have some fun.."

A grin grew on his face as he dropped my arm. I immediately pulled it back holding on my arm as his grin began to fade.

"Whats wrong Lizzy? You seem upset..."

My facial expression had changed to one of confusion now.

"Elizabeth?"

I snapped my head over to the source of the voice and Meliodas made his way over towards me. A small growl left his throat when he noticed Estarossa beside me. He gripped onto my arm tightly as he pulled me up from the chair.

"Back off Estarossa." Meliodas grumbled out.

"Why brother you know I'd never take whats yours without permission." He said giving a small smile.

Meliodas only scoffed as he began to drag me a way. He grip on my arm had lessened as we made our way down the hallway. My book had been left behind and I let out a small sigh.

"Did he do anything to you?" Meliodas asked still taking the lead.

"No... but he seemed suspicious..." I mumbled out nervously.

"I guess avoiding him is going to be a little difficult..." He mumbled to himself.

I hummed in response and at that we were finally back in Meliodas room. He closed the door shut behind us and finally let go of my arm. I dragged my feet to the bed and dropping down on it I rolled around in the covers.

"There has to be some way we can convince him..."

"Problem is if we faked something in front of him he'd probably be smart enough to guess it."

The weight on the bed shifted and I moved over a bit. The sound of the tv echoed through the room as he sat down beside me.

"I don't like this idea but I may really have to treat you like a toy for awhile..."

A arm rested on my thigh as he slowly began to rub small circles.

"Or I could just kill him..."

"You can't kill your brother.." I giggled out.

"Yea you're right my father would probably find out one way or another." He let out an annoyed sigh and I turned my head to look at him.

"Who is your father anyways...?"

I noticed goosebumps begin to appear on Meliodas skin as I asked. A slight stutter could be heard as he spoke.

"Hes the d-demon king."